uniqs

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to mbernste

MVM,

to mbernste

Re: Now that Comcast is buying Time-Warner Cable...

Presumably, Comcast would not be able to acquire Cablevision without shedding even more customers in other areas. They are already voluntarily selling off 3 million customers to stay under 30% of total market (thinking that will make the DOJ happy). If they wanted Cablevision's ~3 million subscribers as well, they'd presumably have to sell off another 3 million (6 total) customers from somewhere else. That's a pretty large portion of their network.

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium Member
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ
·Verizon FiOS
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A

actor90

Premium Member

said by Thinkdiff:

Presumably, Comcast would not be able to acquire Cablevision without shedding even more customers in other areas. They are already voluntarily selling off 3 million customers to stay under 30% of total market (thinking that will make the DOJ happy). If they wanted Cablevision's ~3 million subscribers as well, they'd presumably have to sell off another 3 million (6 total) customers from somewhere else. That's a pretty large portion of their network.

I can foresee Comncast shedding more of it's mid-west properties to Charter along with the TWC assets down south. After that acquiring Cablevision's 3 million would not be an issue.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

said by actor90:

I can foresee Comncast shedding more of it's mid-west properties to Charter along with the TWC assets down south. After that acquiring Cablevision's 3 million would not be an issue.

Surely not Chicagoland Metro Area - dump the #3 population center? That would be crazy

And heck, they just not too long ago bought some Indiana/Downstate IL areas, sold by Insight maybe? Before TWC bought the rest of Insight

actor90
Never a dull moment
Premium Member
join:2003-07-21
Jackson, NJ
·Verizon FiOS
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A

actor90

Premium Member

said by ILpt4U:

Surely not Chicagoland Metro Area - dump the #3 population center? That would be crazy

Not Chicago or Michigan, I'm thinking more of the bread basket assets that they are acquiring from TWC mixed with the Southern assets.