uniqs
Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil
join:2006-05-14
Colorado

Bink to HenryNettles

to HenryNettles

[Rant] Re: Yes, they are the Worst Companny in America

That whole bullsh*t of if you don’t answer we’re not coming is, well, bullsh*t—people can’t sit around all day waiting for that one precious call from one of the most hated companies in America.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

And that company can't be paying $1+ per minute for a tech to visit someone who can't even answer the phone, and may not actually be there to meet the tech.
see the problem?
Expand your moderator at work

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

1 recommendation

train_wreck to tshirt

to tshirt

Re: Yes, they are the Worst Companny in America

said by tshirt:

And that company can't be paying $1+ per minute for a tech to visit someone who can't even answer the phone, and may not actually be there to meet the tech.
see the problem?

while i agree with you that it is a 2-way street, in the OP's defense IME Comcast is well known for pulling this kind of stuff, particularly the "no calls, no show" thing - can't tell you HOW many times this has happened to me & people I know, waiting around sometimes an entire day and the techs just never coming or contacting you at all.

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

1 recommendation

TAZ

Re: [Rant] Re: Yes, they are the Worst Companny in America

It happened to me a few times back when I was a Comcast customer. It's common. They've earned their reputation, now they have to deal with it, not that they care (I'm sorry sir, if you need your service working now, perhaps you should switch to another cable company!).

But Comcast *never* gets the benefit of the doubt...

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN

train_wreck

Well you just wait, i'm sure this merger with TWC will clear things like this up & make everything just fine

TAZ
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

TBH I think they've been watching South Park a bit lately.

First they see the customer service from Time Warner Cable (it actually said their name on his shirt for like a second). That must have hit too close to home and then they're just like "we have to buy this."

And then...
said by HenryNettles:

Comcast: We can give you Monday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Only Comcast can beat the 6AM to 3PM window.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

said by TAZ:

said by HenryNettles:

Comcast: We can give you Monday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

Only Comcast can beat the 6AM to 3PM window.

Yeah i lol'd at that. I ALMOST question whether that's true, cause the largest window I've ever had them give me was 6 hours.... really a 12 HOUR window?

TAZ
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

Googling ' "8am to 8pm" "comcast" ' (use the quotes or the results will be worthless) removed any doubt I had.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to train_wreck

Premium Member

to train_wreck

Re: Yes, they are the Worst Companny in America

and it means SOME of the CSR's scheduling calls are bad "secretaries" doing a poor job verifying that "THIS is a number that you will be at and check for calls?"
so CC needs to work on that, they also need more techs available so late to the appt./missed appt. don't happen as much which WILL raise costs which always gets paid by subs eventually. (queue "comcast is overpriced" thread)

TAZ
Tucson, AZ

1 recommendation

TAZ

Oh no, poor Comcast. I see, they're just having a bit of pains with their CSRs. I feel so bad for them, with those absolutely insane profits and monopolies in most areas I am sure there's no way they could fix that!

... Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? They aren't going to work on it, BTW. You don't have to care when you're a monopoly.

And they are overpriced. Isn't it just magic how they can somehow offer 250M for $70/mo. in Provo, of all places, but not anywhere else? Somehow that's profitable!

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to tshirt

to tshirt
and keep in mind, i realize how difficult it is to point the finger at 1 singular "Comcast" because lots of these techs are contracted out, in which case you never know what you'll get...

just sayin that i feel the OP's pain, from the customer side

TAZ
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

Who cares if they're contractors? Comcast hired them and they show up in a truck that says Comcast and represent Comcast. The customer pays Comcast, therefore Comcast is the responsible party.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to train_wreck

Premium Member

to train_wreck
No doubt He deserves an apology (at least as it was described)
and yes the "control costs at all costs" method of avoid price hikes is very a stupid, short sighted idea.
Having better(professional, in house if possible) phone reps, allows you to focus even more expensive technical resources in a more beneficial way.
Not wasting too much of the field techs day making multiple attempts to the wrong number, or even the right, but unanswered number while giving some direct contact to those who are waiting for the tech is another tough call.
tshirt

tshirt to TAZ

Premium Member

to TAZ
said by TAZ:

Who cares if they're contractors? Comcast hired them and they show up in a truck that says Comcast and represent Comcast. The customer pays Comcast, therefore Comcast is the responsible party.

good theory, doesn't help when day to day errors crop up.
This is where MANAGEMENT is supposed to be able to see repeated and systemic errors and assign resources to lower the occurrences.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to TAZ

to TAZ
said by TAZ:

Comcast hired them and they show up in a truck that says Comcast and represent Comcast. The customer pays Comcast, therefore Comcast is the responsible party.

actually FWIW in my area, most of the techs i've seen aren't in Comcast "marked" trucks, but logo'd with whatever the local tech company is. As well, i've had an equal amount of screw-ups from contractors as from "official" Comcast labeled techs, so it's certainly no guarantee.

say that the CSR inputs a service call, gives the correct contact number to the contractor, does everything by the book. The witching hour rolls around, and the contractor decides to go shag his girlfriend instead of showing up. Is that "Comcast Corporation's" fault or "Jerry's Cable Installer Contractor"'s fault? The contractor. But with a sprawling corp like Comcast, stuff falls through the cracks like this.

Almost makes me wish we had more competition

TAZ
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

said by train_wreck:

As well, i've had an equal amount of screw-ups from contractors as from "official" Comcast labeled techs, so it's certainly no guarantee.

No doubt.
said by train_wreck:

say that the CSR inputs a service call, gives the correct contact number to the contractor, does everything by the book. The witching hour rolls around, and the contractor decides to go shag his girlfriend instead of showing up. Is that "Comcast Corporation's" fault or "Jerry's Cable Installer Contractor"'s fault? The contractor. But with a sprawling corp like Comcast, stuff falls through the cracks like this.

My take on this:
From the customer's point of view, Comcast is at fault. The customer contracts with Comcast. Even if that's what happened (everyone did their job as they're supposed to but the contractor was an idiot; I realize the same could happen with a Comcast employee too), Comcast is at fault. How they handle it, of course, makes the difference.

From Comcast's point of view, they can take it up with Jerry's Cable Installer Contractor, since that's who they contract with.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to TAZ

MVM

to TAZ
said by TAZ:

You don't have to care when you're a monopoly.

So said Lily Tomlin (as Ernestine):
quote:
We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company.

»stopthecap.com/2012/08/2 ··· have-to/

Kasoah
join:2013-08-20
Merced, CA

Kasoah

Yeah... I have been having Internet service issues for 3 months now, and I have contacted direct support, executive support, and comcast cares and they don't do anything.
I don't know how it's possible to be so good at being horrible.
I really miss ComcastSteve(Steve Teow) he went out of his way to help me a lot of the time.
You might get some more sympathy at reddit where people absolutely despise Comcast. There are a lot more pro cable company people on dslreports, but the average age of the users here is probably much older.