slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to tshirt

to tshirt

Re: Yes, they are the Worst Companny in America

and keep in mind, i realize how difficult it is to point the finger at 1 singular "Comcast" because lots of these techs are contracted out, in which case you never know what you'll get...

just sayin that i feel the OP's pain, from the customer side

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

Who cares if they're contractors? Comcast hired them and they show up in a truck that says Comcast and represent Comcast. The customer pays Comcast, therefore Comcast is the responsible party.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to train_wreck

Premium Member

to train_wreck
No doubt He deserves an apology (at least as it was described)
and yes the "control costs at all costs" method of avoid price hikes is very a stupid, short sighted idea.
Having better(professional, in house if possible) phone reps, allows you to focus even more expensive technical resources in a more beneficial way.
Not wasting too much of the field techs day making multiple attempts to the wrong number, or even the right, but unanswered number while giving some direct contact to those who are waiting for the tech is another tough call.
tshirt

tshirt to TAZ

Premium Member

to TAZ
said by TAZ:

Who cares if they're contractors? Comcast hired them and they show up in a truck that says Comcast and represent Comcast. The customer pays Comcast, therefore Comcast is the responsible party.

good theory, doesn't help when day to day errors crop up.
This is where MANAGEMENT is supposed to be able to see repeated and systemic errors and assign resources to lower the occurrences.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to TAZ

to TAZ
said by TAZ:

Comcast hired them and they show up in a truck that says Comcast and represent Comcast. The customer pays Comcast, therefore Comcast is the responsible party.

actually FWIW in my area, most of the techs i've seen aren't in Comcast "marked" trucks, but logo'd with whatever the local tech company is. As well, i've had an equal amount of screw-ups from contractors as from "official" Comcast labeled techs, so it's certainly no guarantee.

say that the CSR inputs a service call, gives the correct contact number to the contractor, does everything by the book. The witching hour rolls around, and the contractor decides to go shag his girlfriend instead of showing up. Is that "Comcast Corporation's" fault or "Jerry's Cable Installer Contractor"'s fault? The contractor. But with a sprawling corp like Comcast, stuff falls through the cracks like this.

Almost makes me wish we had more competition

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

TAZ

said by train_wreck:

As well, i've had an equal amount of screw-ups from contractors as from "official" Comcast labeled techs, so it's certainly no guarantee.

No doubt.
said by train_wreck:

say that the CSR inputs a service call, gives the correct contact number to the contractor, does everything by the book. The witching hour rolls around, and the contractor decides to go shag his girlfriend instead of showing up. Is that "Comcast Corporation's" fault or "Jerry's Cable Installer Contractor"'s fault? The contractor. But with a sprawling corp like Comcast, stuff falls through the cracks like this.

My take on this:
From the customer's point of view, Comcast is at fault. The customer contracts with Comcast. Even if that's what happened (everyone did their job as they're supposed to but the contractor was an idiot; I realize the same could happen with a Comcast employee too), Comcast is at fault. How they handle it, of course, makes the difference.

From Comcast's point of view, they can take it up with Jerry's Cable Installer Contractor, since that's who they contract with.