Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jm101

join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA

[X1-X2] X1 Disconnected All of Our TV Service

Get ready for a long story.

Today we had our HD DVR (without DVR service) swapped out with the X1. The technician pulled up, re-did the drop for the second time in 6 months by putting a weather box on the side of our house (yet more holes on the side of our house), checked the signals, and plugged an X1 HD DVR in. I told him something along the lines of we don't have DVR service but he was confused.

At first it was having a difficult time connecting so he had to call tech support who pushed it through. Immediately after he left I noticed that the DVR service seemed to be working so I called tech support who created a ticket to have it swapped with a non-DVR model. While on the phone I noticed a blank screen with no audio occurring intermittently.

Fast forward five hours later when I get home to find no TV service on both the X1 and DTA. I called Comcast and the representative told me she can't reset it so she set up yet another tech visit.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

This has got to be the most sloppy thing I have ever seen Comcast do right in front of the time they accidentally disconnected our drop.

sparky007

join:2011-08-25
Avondale, AZ
Reviews:
·Vonage

Naaa.... Comcast screwed up another service call??? Never!!!

Was it someone that actually worked for Comcast?? Or was it a contractor??

jm101

Oakland, CA

said by sparky007:

Naaa.... Comcast screwed up another service call??? Never!!!

Was it someone that actually worked for Comcast?? Or was it a contractor??

Haha! Yeah Comcast never screws up.

It was a Comcast employee. I think our signal levels going to the modem are different now too.

Get this. The representative told me to watch Netflix tonight. If it's not throttled! Hahaha!

jm101

Oakland, CA
reply to jm101

Looks the the X1 is working again. DTA is still down.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA

......so following the time stamps, this was corrected about 30 minutes after your initial post? That is crazy.

jm101

Oakland, CA

said by The Q:

......so following the time stamps, this was corrected about 30 minutes after your initial post? That is crazy.

I thought it was working okay but then later the picture and sound kept going out so I ended up just unplugging it and put Netflix on. Haha.

A tech should be coming out within the next few hours with hopefully the right box. DTA is still down too. Have to admit this is pretty ridiculous.

Master Wolfe

join:2009-04-04
Panama City Beach, FL
reply to jm101

Can you have an X1 without DVR service?
--
Knirps for moisture.

raffoutroud

join:2010-03-31
Lynnwood, WA

Yes

jm101

Oakland, CA
reply to jm101

The tech came back and installed the right box. To add insult to injury we are now being charged for that one DTA we have. Oh well...