Search similar:

uniqs
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

1 edit

billydunwood

Microsoft Word Upgrage Question

I'm more of a hardware guy then a software guy, so I need some help. I have Microsoft Word 2003 that I bought new, and I want to upgrade to Word 2007 or 2010. Do I have to buy a completely new CD(or online) and license, or is there a free upgrade? Also, if there is no free upgrade, is there any promotions to upgrade your Word software? Thanks in advance

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

It appears like you will need to buy the software however you can wait for someone with more experience to reply: »www.wikihow.com/Upgrade- ··· ice-2007

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to billydunwood

Premium Member

to billydunwood
»www.pcpro.co.uk/realworl ··· upgrades

"When a market is static or contracting, or when you're a dominant player with few competitors, there's little reason to offer free or cheap upgrades from your older products, or those of your competitors; if you can't make enough money from selling perpetual licences to new users, you need to look for alternative revenue streams. That's why Microsoft removed all "upgrade" pricing from its Office product range when it introduced Office 2010."

Looks like you missed the upgrade discount by about 7 years.

If you just want Word, that's $109 from Microsoft ($80 from Amazon.com). Or for $30 more you can get the bundle (less Outlook) of Office Home & Student.

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386 to billydunwood

to billydunwood
I went with Office 365.. For $99 per year I have their latest Office suite, and can install it on 5 machines... From what I understand it is basically Office 2013. If I stop paying the local copies still work, but I lose the ability to reinstall.

EDIT: Oh, and also can install on 5 mobile devices.. I haven't tested it out yet tho.
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood

Well thanks for the help. I think im gonna just use Open Office and my current Word 2003.

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium Member
join:2000-07-15
GTA

digitalfutur to billydunwood

Premium Member

to billydunwood
You may want to check if your employer has a volume license with MS, or if you know someone who does; in which case you can get Office 2013 Professional Plus for $10.

»www.microsofthup.com/hup ··· ry_id=US