how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tidus666x

@69.157.157.x

[Unlock] SPA2102-NA : Factory Reset Problem

Hello
I have a SPA2102 and I need to do a Factory Reset on it to get access to the admin panel because I want to configure it with VOIP.MS

When I dial **** and 73738# they asking me for a password.

I already made my search on google and was not able to find anything.

russb52

join:2014-01-19
Port Orchard, WA

It looks like your spa2102 is locked to a provider. You need to talk to the company who locked your device for the administrator password.

Is this device used ? Do you know what company it is locked to?

I have a large collection of spa 2102's I purchase them frequently from thrift stores I am able to unlock most of them (but not all) by searching the internet for admin passwords I have found the passwords for devices locked to clearwire, sunrocket, earthlink and italkbb I have a couple that are locked to lingo that I cannot find the password for. Without the password you are pretty much shut down from accessing the device.

russb52

Port Orchard, WA
reply to tidus666x

said by tidus666

[/bquote :

Did you try "admin" for a password ? on the phone keypad that would be 23646

tidus666x

join:2014-02-14
Canada

Unfoirtunatly, It's doesn't work, I gonna try to Winshark my SPA to see to wich provider its bind to.

scow

join:2012-10-27
New York, NY

where did you get this SPA-2102 NA from ? if you're SURE its NA,it means UNLOCKED, I reset my one, and it asks no Password.your SPA2102 looklike locked to an provider..

russb52

Port Orchard, WA
reply to tidus666x

scow has a good point.
What is the EXACT model of your spa2102? Are you sure it is a -NA? In my collection, the ones that say spa2102-SF are locked to clearwire the spa2102 -EL and spa2100-EL are locked to earthlink while the spa2102-R are sunrocket italkbb or lingo

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
reply to scow

said by scow:

where did you get this SPA-2102 NA from ? if you're SURE its NA,it means UNLOCKED, I reset my one, and it asks no Password.your SPA2102 looklike locked to an provider..

That's incorrect. NA means it's not customized to a VoIP provider from the factory. However, it can be easily password protected and also protected against factory reset.
--
Providers (through asterisk): voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro, ipcomms, callcentric. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

toro

Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico
reply to tidus666x

said by tidus666x :

Hello
I have a SPA2102 and I need to do a Factory Reset on it to get access to the admin panel because I want to configure it with VOIP.MS

I already made my search on google and was not able to find anything.

Most providers set the ATAs to retrieve their configuration periodically from a set URL. My approach in your case would be to run wireshark to find out the exact URL from where it tries to get the configuration. It may be using HTTP, HTTPS or TFTP to do that. Then, if it's HTTP or TFTP, try to spoof the server to feed the ATA a configuration file that resets the admin password. This may or may not work, because the ATA may expect the configuration to be encrypted and there's pretty much no way to know the encryption key. But you would be surprised how many actually don't encrypt the file (which in my opinion is extremely poor security).
If it requests the file using HTTPS, then you're pretty much out of luck, because the whole request would be encrypted.
--
Providers (through asterisk): voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro, ipcomms, callcentric. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

scow

New York, NY
reply to russb52

my is SPA-2102NA, i bought it from Ebay.

scow

New York, NY
reply to toro

NA= None Associated... means she can marry to any one she like. means Factory UNLOCKED

toro

Scarborough, ON

That's exactly what I said above. However, it can be password and factory reset protected.