join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad to FAUguy

MVM

to FAUguy

Re: [X1-X2] Obtaining X1 with existing double play package

said by FAUguy:

... I also have a Mitsubishi SVHS that uses the S-Video from the DCX3400M. I guess only the Pace X1 box has the Component 1080 out, but S-Video is gone for good.

Yeah, I've noticed that S-video outputs are no longer provided on a lot of newer video equipment, such as DVD and Blu-ray players, anymore.

Like you, I have some older, non-HD TV sets that have an S-video input, which I'd rather use than the composite (ewww) or RF inputs (yuck!).

I found this (somewhat expensive) HDMI-to-S-video converter on Amazon, though, that I thought about getting so I can use the HDMI output on the new HD-DTA's with these older TV sets:

Keedox HDMI To Composite RCA & S-video Converter Scaler 720p 1080p with Adapter
»www.amazon.com/Keedox%C2 ··· 0GGFY6LW

FAUguy
join:2014-01-22

FAUguy

said by telcodad:

said by FAUguy:

... I also have a Mitsubishi SVHS that uses the S-Video from the DCX3400M. I guess only the Pace X1 box has the Component 1080 out, but S-Video is gone for good.

Yeah, I've noticed that S-video outputs are no longer provided on a lot of newer video equipment, such as DVD and Blu-ray players, anymore.

Like you, I have some older, non-HD TV sets that have an S-video input, which I'd rather use than the composite (ewww) or RF inputs (yuck!).

I found this (somewhat expensive) HDMI-to-S-video converter on Amazon, though, that I thought about getting so I can use the HDMI output on the new HD-DTA's with these older TV sets:

Keedox HDMI To Composite RCA & S-video Converter Scaler 720p 1080p with Adapter
»www.amazon.com/Keedox ··· 0GGFY6LW

The way my current system is connected:
1) SD video from cable box via Composite to TV.
2) S-Video from cable box to Mit's S-VHS, then to TV.
3) HD video from cable box (and blu-ray) via Component to TV.

I use #1 for watching SD 480i/p from the cable box. I found this is better than #2, as the Panasonic HDTV (CT-36HX41) only uses the 3D-Y/C Comb-Filter on Composite, not S-Video. So because of this SD from the cable box looks better with Composite. But if I want to record to VHS/SVHS tape, or play a tape, I use #2, as the Mits unit has a 3D-Y/C Comb Filter when playing tapes. For watching 1080i from the box, I use #3, with the Component.

I have seen on-line a product called HD Fury
»www.hdfury.com/shop/
that can take two HDMI input sources and has an output for Component. You can toggle between which HDMI input you are using (box or blu-ray), but at almost $300, it's a bit pricy.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by FAUguy:

I have seen on-line a product called HD Fury
»www.hdfury.com/shop/
that can take two HDMI input sources and has an output for Component. You can toggle between which HDMI input you are using (box or blu-ray), but at almost $300, it's a bit pricy.

Thanks, that's an interesting (but expensive) site! »www.hdfury.com/hdmihdcp/