Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

Comcast Guy

join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA

1 recommendation

reply to HenryNettles

Re: [Rant] Yes, they are the Worst Companny in America

The only option the system allows for standard installs or trouble calls is 2 hours. The only time it is longer is for Xfinity Home, which will give a 4 hour window. The reps do not assign the install times, the system automatically populates the time window depending on install. Anything up to a triple play is assigned an available 2 hour window.

Two exceptions: New construction pre-wiring or a same-day trouble call will allow a 12p-5p window.

So I am also calling BS on the 8a-8p as it's not even possible.

train_wreck

join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
Alright, so i'll bite.

I'm guessing "Comcast Guy" is referring to this line in the "Comcast Customer Guarantee":

We will always be on time within your 2 hour appointment window or we'll credit you $20* or give you a free premium channel for three months.

Which sounds nice. But the OP says he was given a 12 hour window. Guess they don't have to be on time then?

In any case, that's a corporate policy page. Anyone who's anyone knows that with a company as big as comcast, policies such as these get broken all the time. I'm sure in the fine print of the agreement each customer signs, Comcast absolves themselves of having to follow any policy whatsoever, and absolves you of having any power to do anything about it.

I had a trouble call yesterday that had a 4 hour window. It was scheduled the previous day. And i have business class. The techs made it in 2, but 4 hours is what the "system" ordered me. This "system" is probably all over the map, depending on where you live, how responsive dispatch is, how well the techs/contractors do their jobs, etc. etc. etc.

Just sayin.

av9116

join:2001-12-17
South San Francisco, CA
reply to Comcast Guy
Who cares about the 12-hour window? Why are people arguing about that technicality? Bottom line is, no tech was there.

Teki

@ustomer-incero.com
said by av9116:

Who cares about the 12-hour window? Why are people arguing about that technicality? Bottom line is, no tech was there.

Why? Because it questions the credibility of the OP's entire story. People get pissed, they leave out key facts, embellish others. If you ever worked in a support job you would know that.

Comcast Guy

join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA
reply to train_wreck
Just going by what the call center here allows. My significant other does these 5 days a week.

HenryNettles

join:2003-07-22
Houston, TX
I cannot prove this (the 12 hour window). That is what I was told on the online chat, Friday evening, the 7th. I have had a total of 4 appointments set. Two of those showed up in my email inbox, two of them did not.

Three of the four (including the two which did reflect in emails), had a 2 hour window.

It seems that some of the posters in this thread may have a vested interest in trying to cast doubt upon my veracity. If you do the google search, you will see that there are others talking about a 12 hour window from Comcast, so I am definitely not the only one it has happened to.

cralt

join:2011-01-07
CT
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

2 recommendations

reply to Comcast Guy
said by Comcast Guy:

Two exceptions: New construction pre-wiring or a same-day trouble call will allow a 12p-5p window.

What "system" are you talking about?

In Connecticut on the CSG billing system we could have
8-9am (1hr)
9-11am
11-1pm
1pm-3pm
3pm-5pm
5-7pm
PLUS
8-12pm
12-4pm
PLUS
SRO's AKA 8am-8pm.
The CSR supv or local Disp supv can override any of the rules that go along with the time frame.

What most likely happened was there was zero time slots left in "quota" so the CSR jammed it in as an SRO(8-8pm) and then in the notes put "please go there after 5" or some crap. SRO's are meant for misc things like "remove drop","make tap hot" or "Vol Disc"... but the CSR's have been known to abuse them because they do not want to be a bad guy on the phone. Their metric's are based on the phone call not the out come of the service visit.

The fully booked tech gets it as an SRO on top of his work load and just goes "F%$^ this" and cancels it. Since its an SRO it doesn't hit his metrics. SRO's are also low "units" so if a contractor gets the job chances are ZIP he will roll. He doesn't want to come rewire your house for $4. I've seen this scenario play out tons of times when things are over booked.

Source: Been 8 years in house. (CT4A)

PX Eliezer
Premium
join:2013-03-10
Graustark
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Optimum Voice
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to Teki
said by Teki :

said by av9116:

Why? Because it questions the credibility of the OP's entire story. People get pissed, they leave out key facts, embellish others. If you ever worked in a support job you would know that.

I'll take the word of someone who has been active in DSLReports for 10 years, over the view of an anonymous unregistered poster.

-----

As well, Comcast is the only company in America where a 75 year old woman attacked them with a hammer. And it was well deserved.
»www.nbcnews.com/id/21379720/

reply to cralt
said by cralt:

said by Comcast Guy:

What "system" are you talking about?

What most likely happened was there was zero time slots left in "quota" so the CSR jammed it in as an SRO(8-8pm) and then in the notes put "please go there after 5" or some crap. SRO's are meant for misc things like "remove drop","make tap hot" or "Vol Disc"... but the CSR's have been known to abuse them because they do not want to be a bad guy on the phone. Their metric's are based on the phone call not the out come of the service visit.

Don't forget the ever popular all day install or all day tc. So yes, a 12 timeframe is possible, and like you mentioned its used when some asshat cae is able to sneak it in over quota.