dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Fios is dumbGoogle? »
This is a sub-selection from Costly overhead...

CGMason14
Nj Roaddog
join:2002-07-22
Mountainside, NJ

CGMason14 to IPPlanMan

to IPPlanMan

Re: Costly overhead...

Some Verizon Wireless stores have Fios kiosks and do bundle deals. What they can't do (that I know if) is handle FiOS TV equipment returns.

The local FiOS store before it closed was great for getting an extra STB and returning old ones as you didn't have to pay for shipping and you knew they got your old equipment. I'd say 90% of the foot traffic in that place was for equipment related transactions from existing customers, not new customers signing up for service.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

1 edit

jjeffeory

The stores I've been to in VA weren't busy, but the stores in SoCal have ALWAYS been busy. You're right, the wireless stores don't handle equipment returns, but Verizon wants you to mail that crap in anyway.
hok (banned)
join:2002-02-27

hok (banned)

said by jjeffeory:

The stores I've been to in VA weren't busy, but the stores in SoCal have ALWAYS been busy.

That is absolutely correct. There always is a line waiting for service. Therefore, low foot traffic simply is not true in southern California. As to low sales activity that is true since Verizon is not expanding their FiOS to new territory. Yet, a lot current customers are paying their monthly bills in person by cash. Unless Verizon Wireless stores will start to accept cash payment for FiOS, closing all reminding eight (8) Verizon Plus Stores in California is indeed a disservice to many Verizon FiOS customers in California.
« Fios is dumbGoogle? »
This is a sub-selection from Costly overhead...