how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mrschultz02

join:2007-09-10
Media, PA

[Comcast Equip] Exchanging SD DTA for HD DTA

Anyone from Delaware County PA know if HD DTAs are in the service centers?

They sent me an SD one for the encryption coming up and I would rather cancel my limited basic than watch in SD. So I guess I'll have to waste time trying to exchange it for an HD one, their hours are not good for me, I guess if I left from work at 6 and went there I might make it by 7, or waste time on Sunday on this.

robhouston

join:2001-09-15
Chester, NJ

You can have Comcast ship you an HD DTA with a return box and label for the SD DTA. They use UPS and normally charge a shipping fee of $9.95, but if you indicate that you were given the SD DTA in error, they may credit that for you. Just be sure to emphasize that you want the HD DTA, and NOT the SD DTA. Customer Service reps sometimes get confused about that.

Good luck!

mrschultz02

Media, PA
reply to mrschultz02

Well, they never asked me, I was going to look into ordering one next week but yesterday this package showed up at my door.

And I'd rather go somewhere and make sure I get the proper one, like you said, I might get someone on the phone that doesn't know the difference and I'll just get another SD one.

Just went on the website and there is no option for SD vs. HD when ordering online. They sure don't make it easy to get one.

mrschultz02

Media, PA

1 edit
reply to mrschultz02

Noticed the service centers are closed on Sundays, so since the weather was too bad to do anything outside today I just went down to the one in Aston PA and they had HD kits in stock. Making the exchange was very easy.

Of course when I activated it there were no HD channels, about 10 minutes in support chat and the guy reprogrammed the DTA so I have the HD channels now.

One thing, it runs pretty warm, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. It's a Pace DC60Xu.

Just noticed no surround sound out of this box, only has a 2 channel decoder, so it is a step down from the TV tuner.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3

said by mrschultz02:

One thing, it runs pretty warm, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off. It's a Pace DC60Xu.

The SD/HD DTAs are always powered-on.

BTW - Here's a video on it:

How To Install an XFINITY HD Digital Adapter
»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···KTdqpA5Y

and the generic user's guide to it that I found on another cable company's site:
»www.metrocast.com/guides/HD%20DT···uide.pdf

For some more details on setting it up see:
»[Comcast Equip] HD-DTA's are here in Springfield, IL - a review

Streetlight

join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

One question I haven't been given the answer to regarding the Pace HD DTA: How does one view the diagnostics pages on this device? I asked a tech and he didn't know. On an SD DTA holding down the INFO key does the job, but not on the HD DTA.

robhouston

join:2001-09-15
Chester, NJ

Hold down the "7" key. That will take you into the diagnostics page.

mrschultz02

Media, PA

Yes, 7 works.

Funny, 720p is listed as the "preferred" resolution?

mrschultz02

Media, PA
reply to mrschultz02

Doesn't seem like the XR2 (R1) remote and this Pace box can talk over RF, I have not been able to get it to pair. Have seen other reports of this but no solutions.

I was wanting to hide the box but a little square of electrical tape takes care of the bright power LED. Wouldn't be bad if the box could be turned off, but when using the Blu-Ray player or Roku box with the lights turned down it's pretty annoying having the bright green light under the TV...