spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NFLdirt

@comcast.net

[NFL] NFL slams Dolphins for allowing racist, homophobic locker room

The NFL investigator slammed the Dolphins for the way they allowed the locker room to degenerate in to a hostile workplace. Martin gets some revenge on his teammates with this report. The whitewash coverup commences tomorrow from the lawyers for the Dolphins and Richie Incognito.

»www.washingtonpost.com/sports/re···ory.html

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
Incognitos tweet yesterday revealing Martin's depressive episode was the last straw for me. Incognito was/is quite clearly a bully.

NFLdirt

@comcast.net
reply to NFLdirt
Here is the link to the whole 148 pg report if anyone is interested in wading thru it.

»apps.washingtonpost.com/g/docume···tin/803/

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
Well, based on the first 50 or so pages -- 'guilty as charged'. Figuratively speaking, that is, because I think he's only been accused, not charged.
--
.sig

NFLdirt

@comcast.net
»www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf···5497159/

former NFL lineman Ross Tucker of Sirius NFL Radio and the Ross Tucker Football Podcast.

"If you took some things that took place in locker rooms I've seen, some people would be horrified. I played for five teams. But the stuff that happened in Miami is pretty far beyond anything I had ever experienced.

"There are things that are accepted there that wouldn't be accepted in other places. ... But this goes way above and beyond."

Tucker described the locker room as a perpetual bubble of adolescence.

He says some players "can still be what they were like in high school and college to some extent. It's nothing like the real world. A lot of guys don't grow up because they never have to.

Too many NFL players are just high school bullies that never grew up in to adults. Will all this attention result in changes? Who knows, but I doubt it.

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Given Goodell's previous actions, I'm fairly certain that there will be changes, and some long suspensions.
--
.sig

Dejavu
Game Misconduct
Premium,Mod
join:2002-09-11
Ishpeming, MI
kudos:3
reply to NFLdirt
Cliff notes of infractions: »q.usatoday.com/2014/02/14/miami-···-report/

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
The first one got to me....

quote:
Incognito had a different view:

"From Incognito's perspective, what happened at the Christmas party was not a big deal. He asserted that this episode was nothing more than friendly 'roughhousing,' and denied any intent to embarrass Martin."
That's the bully equivalent to, "aww..it wasn't so bad. Lighten up, dude."

I was always taught the Platinum rule, which is "Do unto others as they would have done unto them."
--
I'm a man, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

»shaner38.blogspot.com/

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit
reply to NFLdirt
Well, the Dolphins have fired offensive line coach Jim Turner.
quote:
To no surprise (based on the content of the Ted Wells report), the Dolphins have fired offensive line coach Jim Turner.
»profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20···related/

I don't think they had much of a choice here, though I'm not sure why they also fired head trainer Kevin O’Neill.

Non head coaches are usually easy to replace, so this is no biggie. The more interesting thing is what will happen with the involved players.

Edit: this should explain the head trainer's firing:
quote:
O'Neill expressed hostility toward the investigation and cut short an interview with those conducting it, according to the report.
»sports.yahoo.com/news/dolphins-f···nfl.html
--
.sig

NFLdirt

@comcast.net
reply to NFLdirt
The Head Coach got off easy. His claims about knowing nothing about what was going on is either a lie or an example of incompetence.

»www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/20/3···bin.html