share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

1 recommendation

[FireFox] I am married to Firefox

Are you a true Firefox Fan?

Just to let you know, i am married to Firefox. I have tried many different Web browsers and none of them gave me flexibility and speed like Firefox has.

anonomeX

@comcast.net
I guess you could say that we're still together. I haven't moved out or anything. I haven't cheated or strayed, though I can't say the same for little ms. foxy--I think she's been running around with this shiny-chrome-looking dude... she just doesn't look the same anymore, keeps picking up this other guy's bad habits. I get the feeling that our relationship is on its last legs. We'll see...

Premium
Birmingham, AL

1 recommendation

Mr. Chrome can't even run fast enough or flex like Firefox girl can.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:19
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

3 recommendations

reply to 47717768
Click for full size
Ms. Foxy

Exidor
Premium
join:2001-05-04
Brampton, ON
reply to 47717768
Click for full size

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

4 recommendations

reply to 47717768

Happy Valentines everyone!

Fraoch

join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to 47717768

Premium
Birmingham, AL
It doesn't matter to me what will happen. I would still use Firefox and i am sure there would be away to get around ad content.

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Time Warner Cable

5 recommendations

reply to 47717768
Congratulations!

I am married to my wife who I believe is still a fox.
-------------
You already know I like Fx and have used one name or another of it since its was in short pants.
--
"No, Mr. President, You Can't Do Anything You Want."

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
I too have been a fond and loyal fan of Fx for years now but the current conflict with Sandboxie 4.08 has me at my tolerance limit. I've been forced to revert to Fx v26. Could it be that there's a sharper Chrome blade in my future?

»forums.sandboxie.com/phpBB3/view···&t=18072

»www.wilderssecurity.com/showthre···t=359841

OverBurn

join:2004-02-21
Greenwood, IN
reply to 47717768
Been using it since it was called Firebird. Using the ESR version. Not completely happy with the way they fix things that are not broken more than improving things, especially the last few years.

I'll stick with Firefox, the main stream alternatives really suck, Hate IE and Can't Stand Chrome.

I also use the Android version on my phone and the Top Site feature with no Home Page feature really pisses me the F off.

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
Firefox ESR here also, but Chrome on the Android. Chrome bookmark management on the Android is excellent. I might use Chrome more on the desktop IF it had a bookmarks side panel that could stay docked open on the left side like Firefox. I am off the constant update Firefox train and I don't miss it.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
You do realize that chrome is constantly updating also right? It's just not as obvious as it's always automatic by default.

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
reply to 47717768
IE Chrome Chrome IE,

All I hear about is IE and Chrome as alternatives to FireFox.

Lets not forget about Opera and even Seamonkey.
--
CompTIA Network+ Certified

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
Opera is a joke, and dead to the market. All they did to try to stop IE from taking over the web was cry to the EU. 12.x is abandoned, and the latest version is just another chromium build.

TheTechGuru

join:2004-03-25
TEXAS
Ah I have not used Opera for PC in many years, but I do use Opera Classic as my primary browser on my Android phone.
--
CompTIA Network+ Certified

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to BlitzenZeus
How is 12.x "abandoned"? The majority of Opera users are ON 12x versions. The 15 garbage has very few users.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
»www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/unified/1216/
quote:
Opera 12.16
Release notes

Release date: 2013-07-04

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to Racerbob
You know ESR may be endangered? That's straight out of the horse's mouth too. I was stunned. Something really, really bad seems to be going on over at Mozilla and probably explains why the attempt, again, to put ads in Fx. ESR has done really well over the past two years and to hear that it is here for now, but maybe not past this year, or even through this year, is a mind blower to me. To entertain, in a blasé manner, the idea that ESR could be killed at any time indicates Mozilla really has its head up its ass. It could be that Mozilla is trying to prepare enterprises to be accepting of a paid version of ESR which I think would not be a bad idea (it would be though for individuals like us that use ESR) but still not good PR at all.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to BlitzenZeus
Yes, I know the release date. Opera lovers simply are staying with an ever aging browser rather than move to a new not really Opera browser. I read this recently about the statistics showing the vast majority of Opera users are still using 12..x and refusing to move to 15.x. It surprised me a bit but only a bit because many are waiting for the new Opera to introduce features they (and I) consider indispensable that are in earlier versions. But if that doesn't happen, Opera will be a goner.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Premium
Birmingham, AL

1 edit
reply to 47717768
I have given Chrome a 2nd try and it does not even work as i want it to work. For instance i wanted Chrome to run in single process (-single-process) preset, but it did not work in the latest version.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
reply to 47717768
I use Opera on my phone because one website I use I can only see the listings with Opera, if I try anything else it only loads half the listings or sometimes nothing at all.

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
reply to BlitzenZeus
said by BlitzenZeus:

You do realize that chrome is constantly updating also right? It's just not as obvious as it's always automatic by default.

Oh yes, I know that, but as long as the Android Chrome product keeps the easy to use bookmark system, I will keep using it there.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04

1 recommendation

reply to 47717768
I'm going to continue my browsing experience with Palemoon - which seems to be more in tune with the original Mosaic experience - and mozilla, before they went to hell.

If you can't stay afloat you might need to trim the fat, mozilla, and not monetize the users.

StyxKee

join:2001-07-05
GTA, Canada

1 recommendation

Firefox and I are still good pals, but our recent disagreements may see us go our separate ways.

I still have various versions of Firefox installed on my PC....and only installed Palemoon x64 a couple of weeks ago. After Aurora went the Australis route, I deleted the built from my PC. Nightly is giving me enough headaches, I do not need to maintain and test another one.

I have (had?) been a huge fan of Phoenix / Firebird / Firefox for a long time. I embraced the significant changes in Firefox 4 too. But that change was different from the current drastic change. Australis / UX whatever it is called, is taking away the individuality of Firefox. I tried some of the extensions that I normally used with regular version of FF on Nightly, the browser becomes so slow that it was not useable. Of course, I cannot blame Nightly for that, but what is the point of FF without extensions?

Oh, don't even get me started on the current state of affairs at Moz forum. The venom being spitted there was astounding.

IMO, the spirit of Firefox dies the day Australis is deployed to regular release and ESR builds.

ssdfd

@31.200.142.x
reply to 47717768
Why would you want Chrome to run as a single process?

Premium
Birmingham, AL
said by ssdfd :

Why would you want Chrome to run as a single process?

I just do not like seeing multiple process for each tab opened.

Premium
Birmingham, AL
reply to 47717768
Chrome is also invasive by installing Google Updater into Firefox Plugins.

chrisretusn
Retired
Premium
join:2007-08-13
Philippines
Reviews:
·PLDT
·Comcast

2 recommendations

reply to 47717768
Yup, but, I am already married.

Firefox is the only one for me, as far as browsers go. There is nothing else out there that compares in my opinion. Not worried about the possible ad issue. I really can't switch to another anyway. Nothing out there fits the bill. I need my extensions, only Firefox can do. Till death do us part.
--
Chris
Living in Paradise!!

Premium
Birmingham, AL

1 recommendation

Exactly. And you could tweak Firefox the way you want to. Can't do it with other browsers.