following channels will no longer be available: Canal 52 MX ch
602, CBTV Michoacan ch 606, HTV Musica ch 639 and
LaFamilia Cosmovision ch 598.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective January 28, 2014, TRU
TV ch 55 and 187 and TRU TV HD ch 841 will be available on
Digital Economy.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective March 6, 2014,
WWSI-Exitos will be added to channels 95/565 and
WWSI-Exitos-HD will be added to channel 796.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective April 1, 2014, a Remote
Shipping and Handling charge of $5.95 will apply for the
separate shipment of a remote control replacement. Price
excludes applicable taxes and fees.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Great. So the drought continues except for these shitty local must-carries. Unreal....

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by SeattleMatt:

Great. So the drought continues except for these shitty local must-carries. Unreal....

I guess we may find out if Comcast decides to add channels when they inherit TWC's Start Over and Lookback. They may decide they like SDV it would certainly be a way they could get room for DOCSIS 3.1 and new HD channels

SeanWhite
@comcast.net

SeanWhite

Anon

Don't even joke about Comcast bringing back SDV or else there is going to be a huge amount of customers rioting in the streets. I just don't get why people do not see how horrible SDV is. All Comcast and all other cable provider needs to do is move everyone over to the MPEG-4 video codec for better compression and video quality and everyone is good to go. I mean hell all video equipment from the set-top boxes from Motorola and Cisco to TiVo to even the SiliconDust equipment supports MPEG-4 natively. Just do it already.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A to mount laurel

to mount laurel
I assume Comcast Garden State is adding KJWP Wilmington/Philadelphia (ME-TV Formerly of Jackson, Wyoming) on February 27th on CH 2 and HD 788 JeepMatt reported they are doing in Delaware. Us in Middlesex County will probably get sister station KVNV on ch 3 soon after it moves cross country from Ely NV and signs on from New York (Licensed in Middletown, NJ).

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Dan A:

I assume Comcast Garden State is adding KJWP Wilmington/Philadelphia (ME-TV Formerly of Jackson, Wyoming) on February 27th on CH 2 and HD 788 JeepMatt reported they are doing in Delaware. Us in Middlesex County will probably get sister station KVNV on ch 3 soon after it moves cross country from Ely NV and signs on from New York (Licensed in Middletown, NJ).

I guess you're referring to SeattleMatt See Profile's post back on Dec. 24th (»Re: So does Comcast ever add channels? ):
said by SeattleMatt:

OMG! A new channel! Just shoot me - new bill just posted today - looks like absolutely nothing other than this local must carry now through all of February.
:
Latest news for New Castle County, DE -

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective February 27, 2014 the
following channel will change channel numbers: TWC from ch 2
to ch 55 and TV Guide Entertainment on ch 94 will no longer be
available. In addition, on February 27, 2014, KJWP SD and HD will be added to ch 2 and ch 788 respectively.
:
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KJWP

Also, besides what's in your other thread on this »[Content] Will Comcast add Press Communications' KJWP and KWNV? , I also found this article on these new stations:

Me-TV Picks Up Big-Market Primary Slots
The classic TV multicast network from Weigel Broadcasting will be on the primary channels of KVNV New York and KJWP Philadelphia.

By Kevin Downey, TVNewsCheck - January 24, 2014
»www.tvnewscheck.com/arti ··· ry-slots

Also see this Wikipedia page: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVNV (which according to that, it's supposed to change its callsign to "WVNV-TV")

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit

Dan A

I not sure is that call letter change is true since PCMP (AKA Press Communications owner of Jersey Shore radio stations such as Thunder 106.3/5) changed the other stations call letters from KJWY to KJWP before the move. I was thinking a new call sign would be done the same way a be something like KVNJ.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to SeanWhite

to SeanWhite
said by SeanWhite :

Don't even joke about Comcast bringing back SDV or else there is going to be a huge amount of customers rioting in the streets. I just don't get why people do not see how horrible SDV is. All Comcast and all other cable provider needs to do is move everyone over to the MPEG-4 video codec for better compression and video quality and everyone is good to go. I mean hell all video equipment from the set-top boxes from Motorola and Cisco to TiVo to even the SiliconDust equipment supports MPEG-4 natively. Just do it already.

MPEG4 isn't an option for most channels most of the Motorola boxes are only MPEG2 DCH series and older only the DCX series and RNG series Motorola boxes support MPEG4

and no SDV when done right can be helpful. Comcast could do a IP protocol based SDV tuning for the Tivo's like the VOD system works with Xfinity On Demand and the only devices that would need a tuning adapter are the ceton, silicondust, and Samsung retail boxes.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Dan A

MVM

to Dan A
said by telcodad:

Also see this Wikipedia page: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVNV (which according to that, it's supposed to change its callsign to "WVNV-TV")

said by Dan A:

I'm not sure that call letter change is true since PCMP (AKA Press Communications owner of Jersey Shore radio stations such as Thunder 106.3/5) changed the other stations call letters from KJWY to KJWP before the move. I was [thinking] a new call sign would be done the same way and be something like KVNJ.

Well, there is already a (low-power translator) station with the callsign "KVNJ" located in Fargo, ND according to a query of the FCC's database: »transition.fcc.gov/fcc-b ··· all=KVNJ

Nothing was found searching for "WVNV" however.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by telcodad:

said by telcodad:

said by Dan A:

I'm not sure that call letter change is true since PCMP (AKA Press Communications owner of Jersey Shore radio stations such as Thunder 106.3/5) changed the other stations call letters from KJWY to KJWP before the move. I was [thinking] a new call sign would be done the same way and be something like KVNJ.

Well, there is already a (low-power translator) station with the callsign "KVNJ" located in Fargo, ND according to a query of the FCC's database: »transition.fcc.gov/fcc-b ··· all=KVNJ

Nothing was found searching for "WVNV" however.

doesn't matter if you have two stations with the same call sign you just can't have two full power, low power, class A stations sharing the same call signs. Here KUVN-DT and KUVN-CD share the same call signs all though one is a semi satellite of the other station to fill in for a part of the metroplex here in the DFW area.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

"-DT" means it is a full-power station. "-CD" means it is a digital Class A station (low power). Class A means it follows some extra FCC rules and has more 'priority' than a standard low-power (-LP) station (if I remember all of this correctly.)

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Here's the latest from my newest bill - beginning to wonder if we'll ever see HD channel adds. Ironically they're even taking AWAY channels...LOL.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective April 1, 2014, the following channels will no longer be available: Canal 52 MX ch 602, CBTV Michoacan ch 606, HTV Musica ch 639 and LaFamilia Cosmovision ch 598.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective March 6, 2014, WWSI-Exitos will be added to channels 241/556.
LoveHD
join:2011-07-31
Detroit, MI

LoveHD

said by SeattleMatt:

Here's the latest from my newest bill - beginning to wonder if we'll ever see HD channel adds. Ironically they're even taking AWAY channels...LOL.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective April 1, 2014, the following channels will no longer be available: Canal 52 MX ch 602, CBTV Michoacan ch 606, HTV Musica ch 639 and LaFamilia Cosmovision ch 598.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective March 6, 2014, WWSI-Exitos will be added to channels 241/556.

Isn't it so 'exciting' that, once Comcast takes over the Time-Warner Cable communities, Comcast will be in about one-third cable subscribers' homes?!

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

I am confident (ha!) that many of these "added" channels will be plopped in cleverly so as to maximize the cost to subscribers, such as having Military History sandwiched in with sports channels. Want Military History? Have to purchase a sports package. :-(