Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Robocop 2014

It was ok, could have been better if rated R.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

I like the global view that was portrayed, however I think it came at the expense of showing how bad Detroit City really is.

Theater lost power right around the finale so the emotional impact of that scene is lost on me forever. Le sigh.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Just got back from seeing it............3/10.

Why didn't they get the parents,brothers and sisters involved in this family crap as well.

Overall terrible acting ,time to put Keaton and Jackson out to pasture.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Just back from seeing it. I'd give it a 5/10. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. It felt to me the movie lost itself as it went along, and they didn't know where they wanted it to go. I thought they were going to go with the unstable applicant and then they would need Robocop to show how useful the project could be . Nope.

The most annoying thing for me, was that they couldn't shoot anything with a steady camera!!! Good glob the jarring, and the shaking, it was really annoying.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Gonna wait to watch this at home from the comfort of my couch.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
I agree. I went expecting an action movie with maybe some drama/talk. What I ended up with was drama, lots of talk and a few minutes of action. Again, I think that was because the movie was rated PG-13, I guess because they want he kiddies to see Robocop, I dunno. Don't get me wrong, drama and talking is fine in a movie, but Robocop isn't the movie for all the fluff.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to PhoenixDown

Premium Member

to PhoenixDown
I agree, the global view was good.

Though I kind of thought a political message was being hammered home though "safety, security means no freedom". The way I got there was because the people in that town were forced into the street. Failure to comply meant in the least getting arrested. So yes they had safety and security, but they lost their freedom.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

"Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin
andy33
join:2013-11-19
india

andy33 to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
This movie disappointed me. Had huge hopes with this movie.. but never mind..looking forward for dawn of the planet of apes..

DarkHelmet
join:2014-02-21

DarkHelmet to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Overall terrible acting ,time to put Keaton and Jackson out to pasture.

It doesn't matter how good you can act if the script sucks. Jackson is the #1 highest grossing actor of all time and as such in the Guinness book of world records.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

1 recommendation

Boricua to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Now you see why these reboots do not work. What are the stats now? 1 out 10 come out better? 2 out of 10? Whatever the stats are, it's long drawn conclusion Hollywood has essentially run out of ideas and push rehashed, regurgitated, re-whatever, movies from yesteryear. (sigh) Sad, so sad.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

1 recommendation

Rook008

Premium Member

The only reboot I can think of that was "better" than the original was Battlestar Galactica, and that was a TV series.

DarkHelmet
join:2014-02-21

DarkHelmet to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Most people think Transformers or Star Trek is better now. They are entertaining but not better IMHO.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Agreed. Both those movies depend heavily upon special effects and little story. Hence why movies like The usual suspects and Leon: The Professional will always be better. Because they depend more upon the character and story, then the action or special effects.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to DarkHelmet

Premium Member

to DarkHelmet
said by DarkHelmet:

Most people think Transformers or Star Trek is better now. They are entertaining but not better IMHO.

Trek maybe, but Transformers? Bayformers are a shitstain on Transformers, that most diehard fans (like myself) hate with a passion. Yet, when the next one comes out, I admittedly will be there opening day, and be just as disappointed and insulted as I was the last 3 times. As much as they suck (IMO) they're still a big screen movie. I can see diehard Trek fans in the same boat with the reboots too, but I'm not that diehard a trekkie, and have enjoyed the lens-flare happy movies.