Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

Cable card issues in Des Moines area

I was just watching a good basketball game when suddenly everything froze. I reset my DVR and it is complaining of weak or no signal. My cable modem is still working good so we can rule that out. When I ran a cable card diagnostic, it said:

OOB is not locked. Please check cable connections and cable CARD. You may need a replacement Cable CARD from your cable company.

Cable CARD is not receiving messages yet.

I verified all connections, and temporarily removed all splitters to rule out signal issues.

MediacomChad - do you know if Mediacom was pushing any updates to the cards minutes ago that could potentially brick a cable card?
djbrettb0
join:2008-07-09
West Des Moines, IA

1 edit

djbrettb0

TV is out for all of DSM. A ton of people tweeting at them right now. They're giving the canned "we're looking into it" response at the moment.

Radio_Guy
Field Engineer
Premium Member
Clive, IA

Radio_Guy

Premium Member

Thank you. It's somewhat reassuring to know that I am not alone and that my card may not be bricked.
DoctorX
join:2010-08-01

DoctorX to Radio_Guy

to Radio_Guy
car hit pole near mediacom in des moines

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello everyone, sorry for the delayed response here. Everything should be back up and running in the Des Moines area. If you are having any issues still please let me know and we can further troubleshoot.