share rss forum feed

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
reply to OverBurn

Re: [FireFox] I am married to Firefox

Firefox ESR here also, but Chrome on the Android. Chrome bookmark management on the Android is excellent. I might use Chrome more on the desktop IF it had a bookmarks side panel that could stay docked open on the left side like Firefox. I am off the constant update Firefox train and I don't miss it.

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

You do realize that chrome is constantly updating also right? It's just not as obvious as it's always automatic by default.

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to Racerbob

You know ESR may be endangered? That's straight out of the horse's mouth too. I was stunned. Something really, really bad seems to be going on over at Mozilla and probably explains why the attempt, again, to put ads in Fx. ESR has done really well over the past two years and to hear that it is here for now, but maybe not past this year, or even through this year, is a mind blower to me. To entertain, in a blasé manner, the idea that ESR could be killed at any time indicates Mozilla really has its head up its ass. It could be that Mozilla is trying to prepare enterprises to be accepting of a paid version of ESR which I think would not be a bad idea (it would be though for individuals like us that use ESR) but still not good PR at all.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1
reply to BlitzenZeus

said by BlitzenZeus:

You do realize that chrome is constantly updating also right? It's just not as obvious as it's always automatic by default.

Oh yes, I know that, but as long as the Android Chrome product keeps the easy to use bookmark system, I will keep using it there.