All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
The Huntsman
join:2011-10-19
United State

The Huntsman

[DSL] Wireless Disconnects with Frontier (Netgear 7550)

It's been a while since I last posted. Frontier fixed the speed problems that we were having, but gradually, we began to experience an increase in wireless disconnects. If we hook up with a wire, everything is fine, but if we connect wirelessly the connection frequently dies. Windows displays it as a "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" error. Turning the modem off and turning it back on again solves the problem temporarily, but it's not a solution.

Even now, despite being capable of browsing the web with a wireless connection, my network strength bar constantly switches between 4/5 bars and a big red X.

I can't seem to find any cause - or solution - for this problem. Any ideas?

Intoxicoded4
join:2011-05-02
USA

Intoxicoded4

The best suggestion i can give, is get another router and bridge the 7550. I had nothing but problems with the wireless.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank to The Huntsman

Premium Member

to The Huntsman
Have you loaded the firmware update? This update correct issues with the wireless. You can find it by going to the FAQ listed beginning of this forum.
The Huntsman
join:2011-10-19
United State

The Huntsman

I don't think I did. I had it search for updates before, but I don't think it found anything. I went ahead and applied the update from the FAQ, but in my haste, I forgot to check what firmware version I had been using. C'est la vie. I suppose if the problem stops, then I'll know that it worked.
Dolfan
join:2010-12-03

Dolfan

06.05.02 new. Old is 06.03.xx