uniqs

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

1 edit

Dan A to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: The Drought Continues

I not sure is that call letter change is true since PCMP (AKA Press Communications owner of Jersey Shore radio stations such as Thunder 106.3/5) changed the other stations call letters from KJWY to KJWP before the move. I was thinking a new call sign would be done the same way a be something like KVNJ.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

Also see this Wikipedia page: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVNV (which according to that, it's supposed to change its callsign to "WVNV-TV")

said by Dan A:

I'm not sure that call letter change is true since PCMP (AKA Press Communications owner of Jersey Shore radio stations such as Thunder 106.3/5) changed the other stations call letters from KJWY to KJWP before the move. I was [thinking] a new call sign would be done the same way and be something like KVNJ.

Well, there is already a (low-power translator) station with the callsign "KVNJ" located in Fargo, ND according to a query of the FCC's database: »transition.fcc.gov/fcc-b ··· all=KVNJ

Nothing was found searching for "WVNV" however.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by telcodad:

said by telcodad:

Also see this Wikipedia page: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVNV (which according to that, it's supposed to change its callsign to "WVNV-TV")

said by Dan A:

I'm not sure that call letter change is true since PCMP (AKA Press Communications owner of Jersey Shore radio stations such as Thunder 106.3/5) changed the other stations call letters from KJWY to KJWP before the move. I was [thinking] a new call sign would be done the same way and be something like KVNJ.

Well, there is already a (low-power translator) station with the callsign "KVNJ" located in Fargo, ND according to a query of the FCC's database: »transition.fcc.gov/fcc-b ··· all=KVNJ

Nothing was found searching for "WVNV" however.

doesn't matter if you have two stations with the same call sign you just can't have two full power, low power, class A stations sharing the same call signs. Here KUVN-DT and KUVN-CD share the same call signs all though one is a semi satellite of the other station to fill in for a part of the metroplex here in the DFW area.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

"-DT" means it is a full-power station. "-CD" means it is a digital Class A station (low power). Class A means it follows some extra FCC rules and has more 'priority' than a standard low-power (-LP) station (if I remember all of this correctly.)

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Here's the latest from my newest bill - beginning to wonder if we'll ever see HD channel adds. Ironically they're even taking AWAY channels...LOL.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective April 1, 2014, the following channels will no longer be available: Canal 52 MX ch 602, CBTV Michoacan ch 606, HTV Musica ch 639 and LaFamilia Cosmovision ch 598.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective March 6, 2014, WWSI-Exitos will be added to channels 241/556.
LoveHD
join:2011-07-31
Detroit, MI

LoveHD

said by SeattleMatt:

Here's the latest from my newest bill - beginning to wonder if we'll ever see HD channel adds. Ironically they're even taking AWAY channels...LOL.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective April 1, 2014, the following channels will no longer be available: Canal 52 MX ch 602, CBTV Michoacan ch 606, HTV Musica ch 639 and LaFamilia Cosmovision ch 598.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective March 6, 2014, WWSI-Exitos will be added to channels 241/556.

Isn't it so 'exciting' that, once Comcast takes over the Time-Warner Cable communities, Comcast will be in about one-third cable subscribers' homes?!

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

I am confident (ha!) that many of these "added" channels will be plopped in cleverly so as to maximize the cost to subscribers, such as having Military History sandwiched in with sports channels. Want Military History? Have to purchase a sports package. :-(