spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dawnseekr
join:2014-02-16
Canada

dawnseekr

[TV] Fibe Remote App with an additional wifi router

I have a Bell Fibe Internet (FTTH) and Bell Fibe TV service. I would like to use the new Fibe Remote App for iOS.

The app is working perfectly if I am connected to the Wi-Fi provided by the Bell router. Unfortunately, this router was installed by the Bell technician in our mechanical room in the basement and the Wi-Fi signal strength can't reach the upper floors (we have a two-story house).

I have therefore another, more powerful Wi-Fi router connected on it and located in the stairwell, providing excellent Wi-Fi across the house. Internet works perfectly. However, when I am connected on that Wi-Fi network, the Fibe Remote App doesn't see the Fibe TV PVR.

I assume that I need to forward some ports or set up some routes from my Wi-Fi router to the Bell router (or the other way around) to make the PVR visible on the other router , but I am unsure what exactly.

The network diagram is the following:

Cisco E4200 Wi-Fi Router -------->  Bell Wi-Fi Router
(192.168.1.1)                       (192.168.2.1)

Anyone knows what I need to setup for it to work??

droidman4
join:2005-12-12
Ottawa, ON

droidman4

I suspect the problem is that you have the es4200 setup as a router/gateway. Go through its config and turn it into an access point and that should solve all your problems.
dawnseekr
join:2014-02-16
Canada

dawnseekr

Ah! I didn't think of that... just did, and it works.. thanks