Search similar:

uniqs

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

RRRRRolll Up The Rim is Back!

That's right. Starting Monday, the first sign of spring appears at Tim Horton's. And this year it's not one RRRRoll per rim but TWO!

»www.huffingtonpost.ca/20 ··· f=canada

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

2 recommendations

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

Twice the changes - double the disappointment, and that's before you even taste their coffee.
mekyle
join:2000-09-23
Beamsville, ON

mekyle to DKS

to DKS
Ok this is coming from a Tea drinker, but do any of you guys actually like Timmies? It seems more of an addiction than it being "good" coffee.
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr

Yes I like Timmies coffee. It is a simple coffee which is all I want. None of this fancy stuff.
MikeA1972
join:2008-02-06
Brantford, ON

MikeA1972 to mekyle

to mekyle
Yup. Like Robrr all I want is a simple cup of coffee. Take your fancy shmancy drinks elsewhere Just give me a fresh double double thanks.
MikeA1972

MikeA1972 to DKS

to DKS
Haven't even won a donut in the last few years, and I go there quite often. Used to make out pretty good, but they seem to have cut back on the winners. YMMV.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

2 recommendations

dirtyjeffer0 to mekyle

Premium Member

to mekyle
said by mekyle:

Ok this is coming from a Tea drinker, but do any of you guys actually like Timmies? It seems more of an addiction than it being "good" coffee.

no...Tim's coffee is crap...i only get it if there is no other option...i find it takes bitter and/or burnt most times...just typical "fast food coffee"...i never understood the hype....now, McDonald's coffee, OTOH, is actually quite good...IMO, the best "fast food coffee".

JMarkham
@start.ca

JMarkham

Anon

Tim Horton's sells black water; it is not coffee. McDonalds is passable as coffee.

Every morning on my way to work I pass a Tim Horton's with cars lined up along the side of the road for the drive in. Why wait in line for so long when you can save time and make it at home?

And how is that not a traffic hazard? How do planning departments allow the creation of a Tim Horton's drive through that has room for only 6 cars on their property and the rest line up along the road blocking a lane of traffic?

Robert4
Premium Member
join:2002-03-11
St John'S, NL

Robert4

Premium Member

And it is because the lineups are huge as to why they will not improve their coffee any time soon. Bleh!

That being said, I will buy my tea now because of RUTR for the next couple of weeks.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009 to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
+1 on the McD's coffee. Best fast food coffee out there.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to mekyle

Premium Member

to mekyle
said by mekyle:

No. It is bitter, burnt and yet still weak. So many other places produce a better regular cup of coffee.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
Okay, confessed Timmies drinker I am. I have tried McDs coffee and sometimes its been really good (yes better that TH), but most of the time not so good. Its very location specific and which kid is making it. On the other hand Timmies is usually closer to being the same everytime.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

1 recommendation

mr weather

Premium Member

Tim Hortons can be hit or miss too. If you get a fresh pot it can be very good. Anything sitting around a while tastes like crap.

And as for the "bitter burnt" comments, you've never had Starbucks before.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

I have never had a bitter burn tasting coffee from Starbucks. Not that I have had many.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

Starbucks coffee is good but I hate the pretentiousness of the customers and even the staff.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

The staff at my local Starbucks are great. Of course this is not downtown. On the weekend I will often go over in the morning and get my wife a London Fog (Earl Grey tea latte). They know my order already. I just got back now.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to mr weather

Premium Member

to mr weather
said by mr weather:
Tim Hortons can be hit or miss too. If you get a fresh pot it can be very good. Anything sitting around a while tastes like crap.
i have found the opposite...every coffee i have had from McD's has been consistently delicious.
quote:

i have had theirs a few times...your comments are exactly how i feel, other than you need to add "full bodied roast" to that bitter burnt comment.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to Anav

Premium Member

to Anav
I find McD's more consistent around here. But not Timmies. Though one of the ladies I do work with refuses anything except Timmies.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
Pass on Tim's.
Pass on Starbucks.
Pass on McDonalds.
Second Cup & Timothy's are both better than the above.

I'm not a big fan of Keurig, Nespresso, etc..... unless all you drink is an average of one cup of coffee or less per day, and you want something at home that's convenient.

If you want a good cup of coffee always start with good beans, roasted and ground the way you like, and then use a French press, or a good espresso maker (higher the pressure the better). If you go the espresso maker route, and want a quasi-North American-style cup of coffee, go 'Americano' - a single or double shot of espresso topped up with steamed water to a common cup size (8-12 oz. total).

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

Timothy's is good, but they just aren't around anywhere "commonplace" here...there used to be one in Masonville Place (mall) when i worked there, and i always went there instead of Tim Horton's...it never made sense, Tim's had line-ups for their shit coffee, yet Timothy's was just around the corner, had better coffee, and was usually "empty"...sadly, they closed down as they just couldn't compete with the cash machine that Tim Horton's is...it defies logic.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
I dont like Stabucks coffee... it tastes really bitter.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
A French press works for a few cups but if you need more to drink in the morning and fill a flask, I find my vacuum coffee machine does a better job. Unfortunately only the Japanese still seem to make them and theirs are glass and expensive.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to DKS

to DKS
I don't drink coffee heh.

I will occasionally get a whiter hot chocolate from Timmie's, ice coffee if I'm in need of caffeine but I'd rather drink earl gray tea I have some at home or work.

But the regular hot chocolate from Timmie's is garbage and tastes like sugar water and most of the food sucks too. I much rather going to Second Cup and William's Pub (Earth Cafe now?).

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

A French press works for a few cups but if you need more to drink in the morning and fill a flask, I find my vacuum coffee machine does a better job. Unfortunately only the Japanese still seem to make them and theirs are glass and expensive.

My Bodum will fill up a 34oz Bubba which is perfect for the road.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
If you want a decent on-the-road hot chocolate and you're down here in the Niagara Region, hit up Donut Diner. It's good.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
I hate the taste of coffee, but the Tim Horton's hot chocolate is pretty good..

Especially when there's no alternatives in this area at all.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to mr weather

to mr weather
said by mr weather:

Out of all he fast food coffee I've ever tried, it's only Starbucks that is consistent in making my stomach feel like I've consumed the most acidic thing possible. I've tried every "mild" blend that they had and they all do the same thing to me.

NefCanuck
Laidback
join:2001-09-30
Cochrane, ON

Laidback to DKS

to DKS
first cup bought with roll up= 1 free coffee. I am already ahead. Hopefully a muffin/donut is next.
Can't afford Starbuck's $6.75 for 2 grande size yesterday in Niagara falls.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
Bought a hot chocolate for me, and a coffee for our office manager who has a broken leg.. 1 of hers was a winner for another coffee.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to DKS

Premium Member

to DKS
I'm one for two now. We'll see how long my luck holds out!