All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
unsatified
join:2014-02-08

unsatified

can't pay cash?

Apparently, I can't walk into a cogeco office and pay in cash, it has to go into their drop box. I can drop off the equipment, but not pay in cash?

Does cogeco not trust their employees with money? Maybe their employees can't count, or they get them cheaper if they dont have any responsabilities?

kim
MVM,
join:2001-03-25
ON

kim

MVM,

This thread is walking a very fine line...

Let's keep it on track please.
Expand your moderator at work
oCyberFreako
join:2013-07-25
Sarnia, ON

oCyberFreako to unsatified

to unsatified

Re: can't pay cash?

The Cogeco "Office" in my area is only for tech's, we can't go in to speak to anyone, we can't drop off equipment, and it's very unlikely that we can use the mail slot to drop off cheques.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot to unsatified

Premium Member

to unsatified
said by unsatified:

Does cogeco not trust their employees with money? Maybe their employees can't count, or they get them cheaper if they dont have any responsabilities?

Neither of your ideas seem realistic, more than likely they're setup the same way that practically every other large service providing company is setup since, like, the 90's.

Although your post gives me a case of nostalgia back to the 80's when we stood in line to pay our electricity bills in cash at the location where Cogeco currently resides in Niagara Falls. We also paid our cable bills in cash back then too...

Ahh, the 80's...
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to unsatified

to unsatified
I don't know if Cogeco operates retail stores, but it's not really feasible for an office to accept cash payments.

For this to happen, Cogeco needs to invest in a point of sale system, create a process for balancing and auditing transaction as the end of the night, and they will have to pay for an armoured truck service to take the cash to the bank.

RedMageX
join:2011-10-06
Hamilton, ON

RedMageX

said by yyzlhr:

I don't know if Cogeco operates retail stores, but it's not really feasible for an office to accept cash payments.

They do have storefront locations. Burlington Mall and Oakville Place mall being two examples. They don't take cash for bill payment because all those storefronts are, is a physical location for Customer Service. Sign up for their services, make changes to your services, etc. No money is exchanged at those storefronts...hence you can't pay your bills there.

I'm sorry, but Mr. unsatified, your complaints have NO merit, and you really need to think logically before writing these posts. You don't pay your Telus/Rogers/etc Cell phone bill AT the retail locations, you pay them with a credit card, or at your bank/online banking, so why would you expect another service provider to accept cash for payment??? GO TO YOUR BANK WITH YOUR CASH AND BILL IN HAND

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by RedMageX:

GO TO YOUR BANK WITH YOUR CASH AND BILL IN HAND

... I didn't even know that was a thing. You can pay bills at your bank with cash? Is it the same kind of delay you'd experience with paying through web banking?

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to RedMageX

to RedMageX
Actually you can pay in cash, along with debit & credit card at Rogers, Telus and Bell retail locations. Cogeco just seems to be the oddball out here but they are a smaller outfit than either 3.
said by urbanriot:

... I didn't even know that was a thing. You can pay bills at your bank with cash? Is it the same kind of delay you'd experience with paying through web banking?

You can, though typically not in cash, you just show them the bill and withdraw from your account. I see mostly elderly people doing this. Same delay as online banking, can take up to 5 days before the receiving party sees the payment.

urbanriot
Premium Member
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

said by TypeS:

Actually you can pay in cash, along with debit & credit card at Rogers, Telus and Bell retail locations.

Helpful post but this is not entirely accurate. You can only pay at most retail locations with cheque not cash. Bell mobility for example states, "Bell store - cheque only" and it takes "Up to 5 business days" for your payment to be received. Bell residential is the same. I have no idea about Rogers or Telus (which I have but haven't tried).

»support.bell.ca/Mobility ··· l?step=3
»support.bell.ca/Billing- ··· l?step=3

I just know the Bell one since I tried this myself a few years back

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

Well didn't know that about Bell

But I've been a Roger wireless customer for close to 12 years now and they accept cash/debit/credit card at their retail locations. They even have self-serve kiosks at their stores to make payments, even by cash, as well.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Rogers is the only one that accepts all forms of payments in their retail stores. Bell just has a dropbox system that accepts cheques. Telus only accepts credit card payments as they put it directly through the billing system and not through the point of sale system.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to urbanriot

Premium Member

to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

Bell mobility for example states, "Bell store - cheque only" and it takes "Up to 5 business days" for your payment to be received.

That's hilarious they they still say that. That was the subject of a class action that they lost/settled.

The nerve.

Mike