Search similar:

uniqs

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

[Business] With residential getting bumps again...

Does anyone hold out any hope that us business class will see another bump anytime soon?

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

The bumps are only for dual- and triple-play packages. They just bump the Internet speed tier up a level without increasing the price.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to ropeguru

to ropeguru
i would imagine we will see it eventually, but i wouldn't be surprised if it's months or years later than residential. seems like they drag their feet on all things business class.

what i'm curious about is the folks with 105 (like me) and whether we will go up to 105+. If not, will we get a price drop?

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

1 edit

JohnInSJ to ropeguru

Premium Member

to ropeguru
said by ropeguru:

Does anyone hold out any hope that us business class will see another bump anytime soon?

Yeah. I gave up. Went to VPS hosted server for $7/mo (nodepop - »lowendbox.com/blog/nodep ··· ifornia/) which includes 2TB traffic and one static IP. Then I switched the home to residential Blast!

I like the speeds, and my services are happy running on the VPS. Business class just got too expensive. The double play residential bundle price is $20 over video only (after promo - with promo its less) assuming my usage is consistent I'm not bumping into any caps, and even if I did at $10 per 50GB, I could go over by nearly a TB and break even vs the cost of business class 50/10.

If you're on business class to run servers and you don't actually need to have full physical control of your machines, consider those VPSes. They're getting pretty darn cheap.
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

rugby to ropeguru

to ropeguru
Eventually yes.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to JohnInSJ

Premium Member

to JohnInSJ
If it weren't for me having a large offsite backup solution, than going back to residential would be an idea. I am running less in-house than what I had originally planned and my contract is done in June.

I just worry that about the time I move back to residential they will reinstitute the caps and I would have the need to do about a TB restore which would then cost a fortune.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to ropeguru

to ropeguru
just an FYI, i just got off the phone with a CSR on a duplicate static issue, and asked about BCI upgrades. She said she wasn't actually supposed to say, but that business class here would be going up to 150 within the next 4-6 months, and that she didn't know whether it would be a free upgrade or not.

EDIT noticed that it's already listed on the comcast website

»business.comcast.com/int ··· -pricing

so either it's old news or they just updated the site.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

It's an update.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to ropeguru

to ropeguru
Click for full size
doesn't look like it's going to be free, prices for the lower tiers are the same they've always been

Not_Always
@comcast.net

Not_Always

Anon

said by train_wreck:

prices for the lower tiers are the same they've always been

Always?

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN

train_wreck

ah yes i meant "always" for me in my area, or at least that I can remember those have been the prices since i've had BCI. darn, $369's pretty steep for 100 down, particularly as it's only 10 up.....
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

It wasn't very long ago that those were the standard BCI prices. The new ones took effect late August.

»[Business] Comcast Business Class Internet new plans ?

Upgraded speeds or not, I'm going to call in and drop down tomorrow. The only time I can actually achieve 75+ Mbps down consistently is between 2-8 AM. Right now it's bouncing between 35-75. When it goes full speed, it's awesome, but it rarely does that during the times I actually use it. Switching to a SB6141 helped a bit, but didn't completely resolve the issue.

I'll give 50/10 a try for a bit. If it still acts the same, I may drop to 16/3.

noc007
join:2002-06-18
Cumming, GA

noc007 to ropeguru

to ropeguru
said by ropeguru:

I just worry that about the time I move back to residential they will reinstitute the caps

This happened to me. I went with Business because Residential had caps. Two months later the Residential caps were dropped. I decided to not renew my contract since I was getting half the speed and effectively Residential quality support and switch to Residential. Three months later and Residential caps came back. Right now I've got my usage down, but will switch if it gets out of hand.

ropeguru
Premium Member
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to train_wreck

Premium Member

to train_wreck
I do not see the 150/20 option when I hit the speed tier page.

All they are doing here is adding a tier and doing nothing for the existing. I certainly do not call that an upgrade but just another money grab. Espicially with the fact of getting another 50Mbps down and NO increase in upload.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN

train_wreck

maybe VA's not technically in the "central" region.

and IIRC before the speed upgrades for business class happened last year, in my area they were doing the same thing with the upload - it was 50/10, and then 100/10 as well... weird