Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango

Re: [General] CircleNet LLC announcement

said by Mango:

I never cease to be amazed by how much criticism VoIP service providers receive, for attempting to avoid fraud and other attacks.

1+

Part of the problem is an incredible self-entitled self-righteous group out there....
im_chandave
Premium Member
join:2005-07-28
Cleveland, OH

im_chandave to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

said by im_chandave:

See ya...

d.c.

You've said that three (3) times in the last few hours, each time in a context of finality.

Somehow I think you don't understand what it means.

Dude, what's with the hate? My valediction is the same now as it was the first time I posted here almost a decade ago. "See ya..." as in "See ya later...", which I do. I stop by this forum regularly and offer tech support when I can.
said by PX Eliezer1:

This provider is not obligated to serve the whole world.

It's not much different from the owner of a toll-free number deciding to accept calls from some areas, and not accept calls from others.

I agree with you. Sam doesn't have to provide service to the whole world. But, just like a toll-free number that only works for specific regions, he should inform the person seeking out his service. All the region-locked toll-free numbers inform you that they don't accept the call. They don't just give you dead air.

With the way he currently has his domain setup, he can't receive emails from anywhere outside his whitelist. What if I wanted to contact him because I noticed his mail server was relaying SPAM or his SIP server was participating in a DDOS to one of my clients? His contact info on his whois for circlenet.us appears a little dubious: redhat5@hotmail.com

I know I might not be ENTITLED to his service. But, if he advertise it here, he should at least let ALL of us see what he is peddling.

And, I know that I might not be the RIGHTEOUS dude you are, but at least read what I wrote without arbitrarily dismissing it. If I can't sign up for his service, I will not be able to help those that might ask for help on this forum. Also, I won't refer my associates to his service. Instead, I would refer my associates to the other services I've used/debugged (like viatalk, voipo, obivoice, etc.).
said by PX Eliezer1:

Maybe they just don't like Cleveland.

With the way the Browns played this year, they would have good reason

See ya... (as in "See ya later!")

d.c.
voipjunk
join:2004-08-07
Spring Hill, FL

voipjunk to sammoats

to sammoats
In billing portal... simulator, if I punch in destination number, the information displayed shows two destinations (Destination #1 & #2) with two different rates.. I think two destination means two different routes (like value / premium).. is it possible for caller to classify routes or it is just random?
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to im_chandave

Premium Member

to im_chandave
said by im_chandave:

said by PX Eliezer1:

said by im_chandave:

See ya...

d.c.

You've said that three (3) times in the last few hours, each time in a context of finality.

Somehow I think you don't understand what it means.

Dude, what's with the hate? My valediction is the same now as it was the first time I posted here almost a decade ago. "See ya..." as in "See ya later...", which I do. I stop by this forum regularly and offer tech support when I can.

Like mine (see below), I thought See ya... is your signature and is perfectly OK, AFAICT.

hmishra
Premium Member
join:2006-01-04
Flower Mound, TX

hmishra to sammoats

Premium Member

to sammoats
Hello,

Is there a recommended Obi setup guide for Circlenet? Currently with having filled in just the ProxyServer value and of course, the SIP credentials, everything works as expected.

Having said that, I am wondering if anything else e.g. X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix, X_SecondaryRegistration, X_ProxyServerRedundancy etc. needs to be checked/filled in to make the fail-over scenario work. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

sammoats
Premium Member
join:2014-02-16
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

We do have servers on the east coast and west coast named east.circlenet.us and west.circlenet.us. Instead of pointing to outbound.circlenet.us if you like you could point to east and then set west as your redundant server.
Sam

hmishra
Premium Member
join:2006-01-04
Flower Mound, TX

hmishra

Premium Member

Actually, I was more looking for automatic fail-over setting, if possible with your service.

-Hiranmoy
hmishra

hmishra

Premium Member

For what it is worth, I checked all the boxes for the fields I suggested above although I am not sure if automatic fail-over will actually work in case of primary server unavailability.
mpillaius
join:2012-04-01
Austin, TX

mpillaius to sammoats

to sammoats
Well, seemed like a good alternative outbound line for me and I tried to register today and it never allowed me to login. It keeps on showing a message "NEW ACCOUNT : Your account has not been validate yet! ".

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

Your account should now be validated we use an address verification system to cut down on fraud and I think your first signup had the address truncated so it bombed. I see your second signup looks good and has been approved. Sorry for the trouble.
Sam

Alittlegreen
join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to sammoats

to sammoats
Hey there,
Discovered a bit of an odd behavior and not sure if there's any automated way to fix this.

A lot of times when i get calls on my cell, the number that shows up in the call log (from the caller ID info) will be in +1 514 555 5555 format. If you simply try to call it back the call does not connect.

however, If you actually dial it out with out the preceding "+" the number goes through.

I don't know if there's anything on the portal that I can do to allow these calls to go through, or in anything can be changed on the native android sip phone app that would strip that +.

-------------
Also, on another note, when placing calls, the CNAM gets sent out no problem for Canadian domestic calls.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

Let me look into the + issue I think it's being added by an underlying carrier of ours but without the destination it is hard for me to tell which one. If you could open a ticket with us with the destination number we'll look into it.
Also yes we do pass CNAM wherever we can .
sammoats

sammoats

Premium Member

I misunderstood and thought that CircleNet was adding the + sign, your app is adding it and you want us to delete it correct? If thats the case I think we can code up a strip plus feature by the end of the month.

dev_null
Pithy tag line goes here.
join:2002-08-14
New England
ARRIS S33
Asus RT-AC66U B1

dev_null to sammoats

to sammoats
I may be missing it, but is there a way to get an *inbound* sip call with CN? I looked through the website, and while I see the offer of incoming numbers (DDI) I don't see if there is inbound sip support.

If there is, is it free or is it PPM? If PPM what is the rate?

Thanks, DN
rsriram22
join:2006-08-14
Lexington, KY

rsriram22 to sammoats

to sammoats
this could be competetive to localphone.com? given the rates are less than 0.006 (atleast for US calls) - am i getting it right?

too, can i have multiple SIP 'subaccounts' (aka extensions) under the same account? today i use localphone and i have to 3 different accounts to get 3 different outbound caller ids. wish there was a provider that offered 3 subaccounts with three different outbound caller ids at those rates.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats to dev_null

Premium Member

to dev_null
At one point we did do inbound and in a couple of odd corner cases we still do it. It isn't a product we offer however do to the complexity of dealing with state level taxes/compliance issues.
sammoats

sammoats to rsriram22

Premium Member

to rsriram22
Yes we do sub accounts and you can check out our rates here
»customer.circlenet.us/cu ··· ates.php

Alittlegreen
Montreal, QC

1 edit

Alittlegreen to sammoats

to sammoats
said by sammoats:

I misunderstood and thought that CircleNet was adding the + sign, your app is adding it and you want us to delete it correct? If thats the case I think we can code up a strip plus feature by the end of the month.

Hey there,
Not sure if it's my cell carrier, the native Android sip app that adds "+" to the beginning of all inbound calls.

So when we swipe the number, which initiates the call back command, the call does not go through. But if you erase and dial the number omitting the +, it goes through like Fabio in a butter commercial.

Again, not the end of the world. Just a little something I discovered.

And quick question; I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but I didn't see the answer to this anywhere, is the billing in per minute, or per X seconds increments?

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

1 edit

sammoats

Premium Member

Got it, and I think we have a work around for the + sign but it'll be next weekend.

As to billing to US numbers it is either 1 second (most numbers) or 6 seconds (a few codes) depending on the number. (In most cases the difference is between 1 and 6 seconds in the us is .00016 per call on average so I'm not worried about that one)

Internationally it is also either 1 or 6 seconds (I'm thinking of dropping the 6 second ones down to 1 even for carriers that bill us in 6 second increments if our average call times are long enough).

Also there are a few UK premium numbers that are 60 seconds and all of Mexico is 60 seconds (Sorry about that I'm just passing along how my providers bill me).

If you have a specific number or code your interested in send me a PM and I'll look it up for you.
Sam

Alittlegreen
Montreal, QC

1 edit

Alittlegreen

Boy are you quick! -not just in providing feedback, but in actioning it too.

Kudos, It's very commendable.
rsriram22
Lexington, KY

rsriram22 to sammoats

to sammoats
i have a "NEW ACCOUNT : Your account has not been validate yet!" error when i signed up and after clicking the signup confirmation url..

what am i missing here..?

too, is the $10 welcome credit still available?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Accounts are not activated instantly, they are reviewed by hand.

It's no longer a $10 free trial. I think it may be $2, but I'm not sure.
rsriram22
Lexington, KY

rsriram22 to sammoats

to sammoats
still cant find out a way to create sub accounts.. i would like to be able to control 3 different ata devices at 3 different locations from the 'same' account. in other words, 3 sip credentials with 3 different outbound CIDs

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Maybe open a ticket and ask for the sub accounts you need?

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats to rsriram22

Premium Member

to rsriram22
I second what graysonf says just open a ticket and let us know what callerIDs you want assigned to each sub-account and we'll help you.
Sam
sammoats

sammoats to rsriram22

Premium Member

to rsriram22
Hi you should be valid now and nope it's only $2 now. We will keep it at $2 for the next 500 customers then maybe $1 with our rates that's still plenty of time to test and see if we fit your needs.

Thanks,
Sam
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere to sammoats

to sammoats
Hi Sam,

Stupid question, do you support IAX2? Couldn't find any mention on your site.

Thanks.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

We used to when we had one server rack in one location but as we expanded we haven't added IAX2 support to our new SIP servers because there wasn't much interest in it from our customers. Also all of our providers are SIP so for those reasons we standardized on SIP.

Of the two protocols I actually prefer IAX2 it's simpler in my opinion to deal with from a network perspective but I'm in business to supply my customers with the product they want not the one that I would like to provide. In some ways the IAX/SIP issue reminds me of VHS/Beta...

Sam
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

Okay, thanks.

In my case, it is ideal for running a PBX on a network with a dynamic IP and NAT.

I'll keep my eye on things and if you ever decide to add it, I will definitely consider using you for all our outbound calling (which isn't very much at all).

Cheers.
rsriram22
Lexington, KY

rsriram22 to sammoats

to sammoats
Thanks! Support ticket answered and resolved in matter of minutes. Hope you guys keep up the same tempo!