Search similar:

uniqs

Alittlegreen
join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to sammoats

to sammoats

Re: [General] CircleNet LLC announcement

Is there any way to put a cap or limit on the international calls?

For instance barring the user from placing calls over 10 cent /mins... or barring calls to certain destinations.

sammoats
Premium Member
join:2014-02-16
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

Hmmm not something we've looked at I'll add it to our wish list.
Sam

Adam4
Premium Member
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA

Adam4

Premium Member

I second the motion for /min cap setting and/or barring locations. Not something I've ever run into, but other providers have it and it's a nice security blanket to know that it's there.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

CWU has max per minute rates.

CallCentric and Voip.MS both have specific country blocking.

(Others may have these features too, this just off the cuff in case Mr. Moats wants to see how they do it).
dutchtender
join:2010-11-21
Sunnyvale, CA

dutchtender to sammoats

to sammoats
best of luck for this new venture.
FastAtLast
300 baud and beyond
join:2004-04-07
Vero Beach, FL

FastAtLast to Adam4

to Adam4
Click for full size
Actually, Voip.ms has an extensive set of controls for international calling.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

I do like the way that voip.ms has done this and I see where it would be useful.
Adding this feature to Circlenet will require some database modifications and some changes to our call AGI, no rocket science but some careful work. It is on our wishlist and I'll let everyone know when we know if we can do it.
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned) to sammoats

to sammoats
I just signed up. Looking forward to testing.

mugurd
join:2001-05-24
Ottawa, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet
·Fido
(Software) pfSense
Netgear RAX50
Netgear R7000

mugurd to sammoats

to sammoats
Thanks Sam for looking into it...my personal example...a 613 area code call without the country prefix turned into a call to Oz Down Under
Could have been Congo or Belarus at 30+c/min...hehehehe.

TodWulff9
join:2014-05-24
Milford, MI

1 edit

TodWulff9 to sammoats

to sammoats
I too am looking forward to securing an account and testing the service out.

The Bride and I both work from home offices. Her land line use model likely represents a traditional business line (the damn phone is always ringing during the day (she is a PM in the third-party logistics sector)... ) whereas I tend to use the heck out of my unlimited mobile carrier (being in Defense Aerospace, it's been my perception that most of my constituents tend to like to call on folks' mobiles - kinda just the way our segment is I guess.?.). To date, our isp provides our 'land line' phone service (2 voip lines over cable, actually - one for the house and the other is for her office line). For our non-isp sip use, that which I intend on buying a plan for, it is just my lowly sporadic use (objectively, probably once or twice a week for well less than 500 domestic minutes in a month, with little to no international (my mobile carrier is abused for that too)).

With all that being said, I would still vote for a reconsideration in favor of bringing back an unlimited use account option for your customers. As stated elsewhere in the thread, I too would like the assurances offered with said security blanket, along with the predictability of a fixed firm pricing model. It allows me to mentally focus on other dynamics and not be wondering in the back of muh noggin when we are going to get an unexpected surprise - never good...

I am currently considering a $100/24 month deal, just so I can be done with it and not have to address keeping on top of account balances, etc. I am too task-saturated as it is and to add to that is just not going to happen without some compelling reasons.

But, before doing so (, and since I too am a closet bottom feeder), I wanted to check out a few of these low-cost/high-value payg/byod options before flipping a benj off to an ITSP. This thread revealed a few that I hadn't yet stumbled across.

Finally, regardless of whom I select as our sip service provider, I genuinely wish you and your Bride much success. Kudos on tackling something together. My Bride and I have become professional polar opposites. I find myself yearning to be working alongside here again (like we did many years ago, when we were courting one another - good memories and great times).

For those of us who hail from the US, I bid you folks a great Memorial Day weekend. Please remember to pay homage to the ~1.3 million men and women who, as US Service Members, paid the ultimate price for Freedom and Love of Country since the Revolutionary War.

To all: Please take care and be safe.

-t

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

Good Morning dslreports,
I wanted to let the group here know that CircleNet put in place new code last night (and into the wee hours this morning) that should reduce post dial delay. This involved a substantial re-write of our rate parsing engine and I would like feedback from anyone on how well or not well it is working.

Thank you,
Sam
sammoats

1 recommendation

sammoats to TodWulff9

Premium Member

to TodWulff9
Hi TodWulff,
My bride is a combination wife, girlfriend and best friend and she's been all three for over a decade I think I hit the spouse lotto. That said working together is interesting to say the least.

We are happy with 5 minutes or 5,000,000 minutes from a customer monthly. Beyond our time to provide support our costs for maintaining an account is nil so please bring that 500 here .

I really didn't like moving away from unlimited it was a difficult decision that we made because 90% of our customers would fit conveniently into the unlimited group.

What I had ethical qualms about was saying "unlimited" and then putting a cap somewhere it just didn't seem honest to us and wasn't the way we wanted to do business.

Without some form of cap in place we had to deal with this "inverse selection" type of problem. The folks that wanted the unlimited weren't the 500 minute or 5000 minute on average customers it was the 10k and 20k per month or more group.

Which led into our second ethical problem. With out any tier usage structure we needed to increase prices to cover the heavier users across the board. This caused our lite usage customers to subsidize the heavier users and again that just didn't seem fair.

So we charge now based on the actual costs per each call it is in our opinion the fairest way to do it. As to the surprise since we're prepaid you can't ever incur an unexpected expense the worst that will happen is you would be unable to complete outgoing calls if your balance hits zero.

Hope I haven't gone off on to much of a tangent but we had a code patch to deploy starting at 1am and I've been awake since yesterday morning so please excuse me if I have.

Also Happy Memorial Day weekend to you as well. I spent my time working with/for the DoD in some place you wouldn't believe and my buddies are scattered worldwide this weekend. I second your thoughts on this weekend.

Sam
sammoats

sammoats to Alittlegreen

Premium Member

to Alittlegreen
Alittlegreen,
We have test code now in place to do your + sign removal. We aren't deploying it to everyone yet but if you'd like to test it now please open a ticket with us and we'll put your account in the new strip_plus group. After the feature has time to bake off in our environment for a while it will become a default policy.

Sam
slow mo
join:2002-03-19
USA

1 edit

slow mo to sammoats

to sammoats
Signed up last night and got validated this morning. Testing out the calls. I am talking as I write. So far so good.

And I agree with you about the pay-as-you-go being fair.

EDIT: Just read about you working for DoD. Nice to know a fellow here with the same background.

Alittlegreen
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to sammoats

to sammoats
Hola,
Was just wondering if there was any hold music (whether default or uploadable) or if that's something in the works for a later date?
thegreatfixe
join:2009-09-15

1 edit

thegreatfixe to sammoats

to sammoats
Hello i seems your service is down (about 24 hours now)
will the service be restored ?

UPDATE: Obi needed a reset ALL IS OK

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

We are not experiencing any issues currently nor did we yesterday, please open a ticket and we will try and help you get re-connected.
Sam
sammoats

sammoats to Alittlegreen

Premium Member

to Alittlegreen
I haven't been asked that one before we'll look into it. You mean when you place a call on hold your thinking of music played back to the called party correct?

Alittlegreen
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen

said by sammoats:

I haven't been asked that one before we'll look into it. You mean when you place a call on hold your thinking of music played back to the called party correct?

Yep! Right on.

If I'm not mistaken VoIP.ms plays back jazz music to the party placed on hold. Anveo let's you upload an mp3 wav to be played. And some others play that default Cisco music.

Adam4
Premium Member
Woodland Hills, CA

Adam4

Premium Member

said by Alittlegreen:

some others play that default Cisco music.

Does anybody have a sound file of this? I'm wondering if I've heard it before and didn't know what it was...
thegreatfixe
join:2009-09-15

thegreatfixe to sammoats

to sammoats
i needed to reset my Obi all is OK now

Alittlegreen
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to Adam4

to Adam4

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· VYKtJisw

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Sounds nicer in stereo.

Adam4
Premium Member
Woodland Hills, CA

Adam4 to Alittlegreen

Premium Member

to Alittlegreen
Thanks! Don't recognize it. But, very catchy!

bitseeker
join:2014-03-05

bitseeker

If you haven't used UberConference, their hold song is pretty funny. »soundcloud.com/alexcorne ··· -cornell

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

Copyright infringement, shmopyright infringement.

Now, if someone would only copy CallCentric's site.

I could name a few companies that would benefit greatly by copying a few things from CallCentric's site....

I hear you on THAT one, fer shoor !

But we aren't going to mention any names now, ARE we ?

(Maybe we already have - I'm only half way along in reading this thread.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to mugurd

Premium Member

to mugurd
said by mugurd:

Thanks Sam for looking into it...my personal example...a 613 area code call without the country prefix turned into a call to Oz Down Under ....

The site simulator did that to me too, just now.
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

I thought I read in the instructions somewhere that all N.A. calls should be prefaced with a 1... so 1613 is eastern ontario in the simulator.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

And on the same hand, I am already accustomed to using the '1' prefix when I dial on my current VoIP line, even for calls which a landline provider would consider to be local.

Some VoIP providers which I have tested in the past required a country code to be included on outbound calls, and all seem to accept it on a real call, so it's not a biggie for me.

But some OTHER stuff is.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

I'm curious about what is surprising? We really have a simple model.