Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ScrawnyB

join:2004-05-18
Carlisle, PA
kudos:1
reply to scrupul0us

Re: [Northeast] How far will Fios run glass from the street?

Sounds like you just need to try an order phone service like everyone else says.

Also, driveway length itself should not be an issue. My FiOS install was up a nearly 1000ft long driveway, and the guy was just like "woah, I'm going to need to run back and get the right length of cable for this run... but I can get it done today no problem". One run to his warehouse or whatever, and 6 hours later, we were up and running.

I wish you luck. It almost sounds like the Verizon guys were trying to throw you a bone by cutting out the old copper and subtly hinting to you that they wouldn't fix it with copper...

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9

(actually, it's more than likely he took the copper to cash it in. Cu is a valuable metal.)

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

said by cramer:

(actually, it's more than likely he took the copper to cash it in. Cu is a valuable metal.)

NOt if he wanted to keep his job. At the most it's worth a few dollars anyway.
--
“My horse fights with me and fasts with me because if he is to carry me into battle, he must know my heart and I must know his or we shall never become brothers.
-Plenty Coups, Chief of the Crow”

JackBauer

join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY
reply to ScrawnyB

said by ScrawnyB:

I wish you luck. It almost sounds like the Verizon guys were trying to throw you a bone by cutting out the old copper and subtly hinting to you that they wouldn't fix it with copper...

Exactly my thinking... The install technician was doing OP a huge favor there. Seems he was pretty smart about it - didn't tell you why he was doing it...

said by banshee:

There isn't a better feeling than dropping off your stuff at the TW store after getting FIOS.

Amen. As soon as VZ gets their (nearly?) 2 year late 6 tuner DVR in place, I'm ordering. I cannot wait to return the TWC equipment.

scrupul0us

join:2013-09-09
Delmar, NY

I'm sure it was worth more than a few bucks... The previous owners had 5-6 phone lines in the house for all their kids (nice right) so there were two mutli-strand cables he cut back, 200 meters x2, maybe worth a good pint, but I digress...

FWIW, I'll go for the phone service, my only hope is they CANT or WONT repair the copper to do POTS... I know its been said they'll never run CU again, but, just my luck they'd opt for that over fixing the pole tap and running 2200 feet of drop...

What a PITA just to be able to give a company my money =)