spc
Search similar:

uniqs
philpense
join:2013-03-02
Washington, DC

philpense

Verizon FIOS/TV install

Techs installed the FIOS hardware but disconnected the DSL modem for a desktop and left nothing to allow a wifi connection.

What were the techs supposed to have done for the desktop. Guidance sought

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat

If they installed TV, then they had to install the FIOS router which is how you get your wifi. That router is a necessary component for your TV service.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to philpense

to philpense
My initial FiOS install resulted in TV and Internet service but my phone was dead when I picked it up after installer left.

Chat with Verizon rep on my computer resolved the problem without the tech needing to come back, but I wasn't too happy with what happened.

Call Verizon and complain.

bhan261
join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

bhan261 to philpense

to philpense
I think what the OP is saying is that his desktop computer was ethernet to the DSL modem and they "left nothing to allow for a wifi connection" (to the desktop computer).

There are four ethernet ports on the back of the Verizon wireless router. Plug the desktop computer into one of those.
descartes
join:2013-09-24

1 edit

descartes to philpense

to philpense
In the unlikely event you have added Fios TV service while retaining DSL service, you should definitely contact Verizon to have your DSL service restored.

If you have replaced DSL with Fios internet, the included router offers both wifi and 4 ethernet ports (as has been mentioned). No idea why the tech wouldn't have hooked it up for you!?

JH28
@bankofamerica.com

JH28 to philpense

Anon

to philpense
They should have provided you a router, and you plug the desktop into that, or if the desktop has wifi just put in your wep key to connect that way
Shady Bimmer
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03

Shady Bimmer to philpense

Premium Member

to philpense
OP - not much information has been provided and lots of speculation is being done.

Specifically what did you order and have installed (Phone, TV, Internet, ???)

What equipment was installed by VZ? You should have at least an Actiontec router which provides both wired and wireless (wifi) connections, if you order included internet.

How was the "DSL modem" connected to your PC? Was it wired or wireless network?

Who was your DSL provider (don't want to necesarily assume VZ as part of their high speed internet service) and did you cancel that service to be replaced by FiOS?