Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat

MVM

We didn't dodge this one!

Woke up this morning to at least 6" of wet, heavy snow. Took me an hour to clean the drives, plus I gave a couple neighbors a hand with the added stuff a the ends of the drives that the plows left for us during the night sometime. They must have been around in the very early morning, because the road surfaces are just tire tracks right now. There's at least 4" in the roads still. needless to say, they called off school about 5:30 this morning. My daughter gets a mass broadcast call from the school, so she doesn't have to rely on watching TV to see if the schools are closed. It's not all that cold, and the wind has abated for the time being. Hard to believe we're looking at 50 degrees and rain for Thursday, though. I can foresee all kinds of flooding problems if that happens.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

We didn't get any snow this time, just freezing rain yesterday afternoon. And it was really strange..... I left for a meeting at 7:!5am today, it was 34 degrees, and the roads were wet. Just wet, no ice. When I came home at 10, it had warmed up to 39, and the same roads were icy as hell. I don't understand the physics of that.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Pacrat

Premium Member

to Pacrat
Sad thing is, the temps are going to hit 40 by tomorrow or thursday.
I want more cold and snow, I really liked this winter.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat

MVM

While I really don't mind the snow we've gotten this winter (reminds me of my childhood in Conneaut, OH), the sub-zero temperatures have been a bit hard to take. Just putting gas into my car one day, it actually hurt, it was so cold. In just the few minutes it took to fill a half-full tank, my face and hands actually hurt. The snow I can take, the cold... not so much! he one thing I am concerned about right now, is with thew amount of snow on the ground here, now, and with temperatures forecasted to be near 50 by Thursday, local flooding may be quite an issue. Especially, if we get all the rain that's predicted with the rising temps.