spc
Search similar:

uniqs
VANS
join:2006-03-28
Salaberry-De-Valleyfield, QC

VANS

[Internet] Internet VDSL2 25/10 no contract

I posted this in the bell direct but no answers yet so I'll post this here as well! Hello I live in Valleyfield,QC (j6t 2h2) and would like to know a few things about the Bell 25/10 package which is available here but we already have cable here but I wanna buy my own private internet because cable is not working very well in here. My question is since I won't be getting anything else except for internet because we already have everything else, is the 70$ a month for the package negotiable? Do they rent a vdsl2 modem if I sign up? If I need a dry line, do I have to pay for it or is it included? Also, I forgot to ask if there is a chance installation fee can be waived? Thanks.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

If you're just getting internet, you have very little to negotiate on, obviously the more services you subscribe to the more wiggle room they will give you when it comes to monthly fees and installation. There is no harm in asking but don't expect a huge discount. That being said they will sometimes offer discounts to new customers, even if you are only getting one service.

Bell does not charge a dryloop fee, however there is the one time installation and modem fees.
VANS

VANS

It's kinda weird but I still got a pretty good deal lol, The lady got me a pretty nice deal, 46.95$ a month no contract for 25/10 , 99.95$ modem fees waived, only 49.95$ installation i gotta pay but i didn't mind because I knew it was also 49.95$ @ ebox. I even asked her if it would be only for the first 3 months and she said no it's as long as you're suscribed. Also I got the dry line free because I have no phone line activated
VANS

VANS

Do you know if they still give Sagecom modems? Seems like there are lots of negative threads about it
btech805
Canada

btech805

Still sagemcom modems for now. 2 modems are currently in testing hopefully for later this year for the public. It will NOT be the smart rg 505n modem the IISPs are currently using. However most of the issues with regards to the current sagemcom model are related to the sync no surf issue and is only seen on stingers (oslams) and I dont think you have many of those on the Quebec side, you're most likely to be hooked up to a 7330. The only remaining issur would be wireless coverage but that varies house to house and depends on an individual's needs.
VANS

VANS

I'm located in Valleyfield, that's near vaudreuil. What's close to my house (about 400-500 meters away from me) is this »img43.imageshack.us/img4 ··· 983a.jpg

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1

MVM

That is what is known as an OPI (outside plant interface) with dsl cabinets on each end...could be "stingers" or "7330" devices. The designation on the device shows the "distribution cable".
VANS

VANS

Is this good or bad? haha
btech805
Canada

btech805

Usually a good sign that it's only 400-500 metres away means higher speeds will be available one day. Cant really tell whether 7330s or stingers are in it unless it is opened but there are definitely field based slams in there judging by the 2 locked cabinets on either side.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra to VANS

to VANS
Why use bhell? TPIA should provide you with decent Internet, check TekSavvy or Electronicbox.
VANS

VANS

Ebox 25/10 is 50.95$ + 10$ a month for the modem, Bell offered 46.95$ modem included, I mostly play online games and Bell has always given me the best ping times so far, better than cogeco or videotron. pretty similar to Ebox though so I picked the cheapest option. Also, I don't really go over 100GB a month so this is why I didn't bother the 125GB cap.
btech805
Canada

btech805

Glad you got a deal, as long as the installation is done properly you should never see another technician bearing a disaster

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to VANS

Premium Member

to VANS
said by VANS:

I'm located in Valleyfield, that's near vaudreuil. What's close to my house (about 400-500 meters away from me) is this »img43.imageshack.us/img4 ··· 983a.jpg

As Glen1 said, that's an OPI and the type of the slams that are attached to them are Stingers.
phily316
join:2006-01-31
Montreal, QC

phily316 to VANS

to VANS
Yeah Stingers, 7330 cabs do not look like them.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra to VANS

to VANS
said by VANS:

Ebox 25/10 is 50.95$ + 10$ a month for the modem, Bell offered 46.95$ modem included, I mostly play online games and Bell has always given me the best ping times so far, better than cogeco or videotron. pretty similar to Ebox though so I picked the cheapest option. Also, I don't really go over 100GB a month so this is why I didn't bother the 125GB cap.

Great pricing, I hope you don't have issues with Bell's billing.
I've been suffering for over 3 years with constant billing issues, and it's not at all isolated, many people get "deals" from Bell, and despite things being very well documented, there's times when Bell doesn't honor them.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to you.