join:2001-08-29
way way out

P Ness

Premium Member

Character Boost to 90 = $60.00

Click for full size
Seems the servers were up for a few minutes and people got screenshots

»imgur.com/mnqr5dZ

now don't hate me if it ends up being untrue.

seems a tad high but after just getting to 90 on now my 4th healer....ya my panda's getting a boost so I can have 5 healers

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Seems about right, a server and faction change is $55. Probably the same rules as the original DK ones, have to have a level 90 already to be eligible for the service.

madmike
join:2012-03-19
Waterfall, PA

madmike to P Ness

to P Ness
Wonder if they boost professions, or would you have to level those up?

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

If it is level 60 or higher than your two main profs will be maxed at 600 as well as First Aid. (at least that is the way it was on PTR)

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

If that is true, may be worth leveling a char to 60 and then boosting. If I remember getting to 60 doesn't take too long as you can mostly run dungeons quests. Maybe 18 hours of played?

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

1 recommendation

Caelharrad to P Ness

to P Ness
Well, paying $60 to boost a "new" toon (say, level 20 or lower) doesn't seem that bad. It seems pretty pricey if I have a higher-level character (for instance, my L69 shaman) that I might want to boost. It would be nice if they had some kind of a sliding scale for the fee, so that you pay less if you're skipping fewer levels (i.e. "pay $0.80 per level skipped"). An arrangement like that might actually lead to MORE cash in Blizzard's coffers, since many people would take advantage of the boost that otherwise wouldn't dream of dropping $60... say, someone with a L80 rogue who CANNOT STAND the thought of stepping foot in Vash'jir or Mount Hyjal ever again, (or Deepholm, or Uldum, or Twilight Highlands, or any of the Pandaria zones), might be willing to pay $8 for the ability to skip those last 10 levels, but NO WAY would they fork over $60. I would bet that there are PLENTY of alts out there who are stalled somewhere in the L55-L85 range that would take advantage of a boost, if the cost were scaled to the number of levels being skipped.

P Ness
You'Ve Forgotten 9-11 Already
Premium Member
way way out

P Ness

Premium Member

seems they have removed the option now....hmmm

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to P Ness

Premium Member

to P Ness
probably something only really meant for Asian markets.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to P Ness

to P Ness
pre-ordering the next expo = free 90. i'm fine with that, much easier to swallow than the wow for one year and then diablo for free.

P Ness
You'Ve Forgotten 9-11 Already
Premium Member
way way out

P Ness to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
no they already confirmed its going live come 6.0 but was hoping sooner

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

didn't they just post something, I believe it's in the daily RSS that gets posted here in the WoW forums, that it's set to go in 5.4 but not this week?

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by Blockgorilla:

didn't they just post something, I believe it's in the daily RSS that gets posted here in the WoW forums, that it's set to go in 5.4 but not this week?

Yeah, perhaps my topic was invisible or something. I will ask a mod to delete it after this.
said by Immer:

Doubtful. Players already have figured out that by repurchasing a new game + xpac they get a free 90, then a transfer fee = the same service they are offering with less hassle.

At $60 I think Blizz has looked at the absolute highest amount they could charge for this service before players say no, still on the fence about it, but probably not a bad idea so long as the account has at least 1 lvl 90 on it first, otherwise LFR is about to get WAAAAY worse than it already is.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Caelharrad

Premium Member

to Caelharrad
Agreed. I know for some of the factions in MOP, once you hit exalted you can buy a "spell" that lets all your other toons earn rep at a faster rate.
I kinda wish they would sell a "level" booster per each lev 90 you have now.
1 lev 90 = 10% XP boost in leveling.
2 lev 90 = 20%
3 lev 90 = a 30%

Maybe cap it at 3 or 40 90s. [If leveled the "hard way"]. Toons that are "jumped to 90 don't grant an XP boost.
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

Or maybe coming with the next expansion. Code be they are writing that code in the game now, for test purposes.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
Since I level my toons as a set this wouldn't be a benefit to me. That and I'm too cheap to pay for it, unless it was in game gold like the rep bonus. Additionally I'd need it to be account wide, like the rep. At least my off faction would get the bonus for all. I have enjoyed Blizzard making alts a viable option in this expansion.