All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Ytsejamer1
join:2008-01-18
Somersworth, NH

Ytsejamer1

Doesn't make sense to me

While I'm a huge fan of Netflix and more specifically, House of Cards...I'm not sure of why Netflix would be pushing a format that requires even more bandwidth at a time providers are presumably choking down on them. It's like they're going in two different directions and the only people getting hurt are the consumers.

While it's always nice to have an option lto do so...say, on the account to enable 4K streaming, I'm not sure why Netflix is really trying to push that envelope at least right now.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by Ytsejamer1:

I'm not sure of why Netflix would be pushing a format that requires even more bandwidth at a time providers are presumably choking down on them.

Because they won the OpenConnect / Name & Shame campaign, hands down. Hate is the simplest emotion to reach, and the MSM danced to Reed's fiddle, with months of cable-bashing.

There is no reason to believe, in light of the general public opposition to the Comcast merger, that pushing the 4K envelope won't further the cause, as $8/month customers grouse that their $5K TVs won't display one show in 4K for 13 episodes.

Mr Guy
@charter.com

Mr Guy to Ytsejamer1

Anon

to Ytsejamer1
You do realize that 4K would be an OPTION not mandatory.