Kansas City, MO

1 recommendation

dib22 to 47717768

to 47717768

Re: MS should of released two editions of Win 8

said by 47717768:

Well you can Switch Between Metro UI to Desktop GUI in Win 8

yes but even when you do you are stuck with the "Fullscreen 8® Start menu"

It was a bone head move on their part... and the fact that they didn't put the start menu back (at least as an option) in 8.1 proves they were led astray by someone.

Once again... don't get me wrong... they NEEDED a touch interface... I am not against TIFKAM (modernUI).... I just don't get the lack of a traditional windows start menu.

After using a surface pro for a week or two now I can also suggest that MS should have considered creating a better method for zooming, and should have considered making the windows controls bigger (think windows xp vs windows vista sized)... and their default on screen keyboard has no F keys and no cursor keys (doh).
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

3 edits

47717768 (banned)

I have done some research getting Start menu back in Win 8 »windows.microsoft.com/en ··· art-menu but why can't MS make it simple to begin with in the first place ?

Michail
Premium Member
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL

Michail to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22
said by dib22:

said by 47717768:

Well you can Switch Between Metro UI to Desktop GUI in Win 8

After using a surface pro for a week or two now I can also suggest that MS should have considered creating a better method for zooming, and should have considered making the windows controls bigger (think windows xp vs windows vista sized)... and their default on screen keyboard has no F keys and no cursor keys (doh).

I like different keyboards in desktop mode and modern mode. For desktop I'll use the traditional layout with it docked instead of floating. That prevents the keyboard from covering things and gives access to all keys. It works great if I don't feel like flipping the keyboard out.

Swipe will be coming to Windows Phone 8.1. That might be interesting to also see on Windows 8.1. But that may be too big an area to swipe type.