spc
Search similar:

uniqs
WhatHappened
join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN

WhatHappened

[RANT] Cancellation Proceedure

What is Mediacom's cancellation policy/procedure? I am done with my contract and want to have my account set to cancel at the end of the current month. I don't see anything on the online account page to cancel an account. Does Mediacom prorate cancellations? Can you cancel in the middle of month? Is notice required?

My promo pricing ended a few months back and I have been charged over $185 for VIP phone/internet/tv and I wasn't able to get any better rate without another 2yr commitment.

I have been a Mediacom cable customer for over 18yrs, a phone customer since it was available, and been with all of Mediacom's internet varieties from dial up to cable modem starting with ISPChannel (started with the beta), @home, and then Mediacom's own cablemodem service. Strange how they don't care to keep current customers and prefer to offer great rates to new subscribers.

Well $185 is just not worth it. I have had new issue that started the last few months that I don't have energy to solve: one of my cable cards doesn't receive all premium channels, cable modem looses connection multiple times per day but signal strength and SNR are all fine according to Chad. Modem is the DOCSIS 3 rental from Mediacom that was new inbox when I picked it up.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

maybe its the fact i just woke up, or maybe its just me seeing more people ask questions that are answered on the first page of the bill. do people have paperless and are just not downloading a statement and looking any more or what?
said by WhatHappened:

Is notice required?

if your contract expired, you can call to cancel at any time, however as you are a VIP customer the "phone" part mandates that they require notice in advance, so figure out where your porting out that number and arrange a port date, call mediacom up in advance and make sure they note on the account that you will be porting your number over to X on Y date.

i think you may get away with dropping off the TV equipment, but do "not" turn in the MTA(phone modem) until thats been ported over to some one else, unless you dont want that phone number any more.

as for proration, they prorate other charges so i dont see why they wouldnt, they pro rated me for a second HD-dta after they came out a few weeks ago and saw they had that wrong on the account (funny how that works, theyl bill you if they screw up that way, but by gawd if its the other way around good luck getting credit)

and i agree, the bills just to darn high. the one im posting is for basic cable, and "intro" internet. im pretty sure they have basic for $15/mo in other markets, but double here.. ugh.

p.s. can some one tell me why my posts get squashed like this when i post images? it didnt used to do that and its annoying as all hell.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to WhatHappened

Premium Member

to WhatHappened
Thanks for your feedback about your Mediacom experience. We do offer promotions for existing customers. If you would like to message me with your account information and a good contact number, I will be happy to review your account and see what can be done. We do not want to lose your business and I can also work on getting the cablecard and connection issue resolved.

If you do choose to disconnect services, what thedragonmas posted is mostly correct. We do require a 7 day notice for disconnects. Services will be pro-rated based on the disconnect date and most recent billing cycle. If you want to keep your phone number, the provider you switch to must initiate the phone number port and that can not happen if the phone service is already in the process of being disconnected by Mediacom.
WhatHappened
join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN

WhatHappened to thedragonmas

to thedragonmas
Thanks for posting your statement. I recalled seeing such information in the past on my statements. My most recent statement doesn't have the information. Looking at previous statements and it was there (2 out of the last 4 statements have that information).