spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mr Guy

@charter.com
reply to FievelMousey

Re: $200 fee to upgrade to ultra even when i previously had ultra?

said by FievelMousey:

I am on the 100 before fee and I will never downgrade it. If do anything I upgrade in future if anything is ever released faster LOL but with Charter that a joke.

You do realize 30 meg is being upgraded to 60 meg soon.

FievelMousey
Premium
join:2005-11-17
Ronda, NC

You realize I want Upload not download LOL.

Mr Guy

@charter.com

said by FievelMousey:

You realize I want Upload not download LOL.

Nope because your post never mentions that. All your post says is implies Charter will never upgrade speeds.

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
reply to Mr Guy

upload still isnt there. I could care less about the download, I want the upload.

msmisfit

join:2004-09-13
Lawrenceville, GA
kudos:2

I'm just curious, what is this constant drum beat for more upload about? For gamers, or people who use a lot of cloud storage/backups, or what? I'm excluding business uses... just wondering what the average home user needs more for.

mj3431

join:2003-04-21
STL, MO
Reviews:
·Charter

For me it would be cloud backup and working remotely from home. 30/4 works fine most days but I'd rather have 30/8 than 60/4.

We need upstream bonding to unlock the potential. Comcast now does 50/10, 105/20 on their network... »Exclusive: Comcast to Double Tier Speeds. Again.

Heck, 60/10 on Charter would be welcome in my home once all digital hits.

msmisfit

Lawrenceville, GA

Thanks, both those uses make sense. Not that it matters what I think. I just wanted to know what the need is for most people.

whoaru99

join:2003-12-17

Not sure that applies to most people...

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to msmisfit

said by msmisfit:

just wondering what the average home user needs more for.

I do a lot of e-mailing of some decent size files, so more upload for me wouldn't hurt. For what I do on computer, more download doesn't make any sense. 30meg is just fine.

Still do some web sites for some companies and other people also, so upload would help there also. Have used cloud services for backups of other people stuff too.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

msmisfit

Lawrenceville, GA
reply to whoaru99

said by whoaru99:

Not sure that applies to most people...

LOL... I know he was just speaking for himself. Excluding working remotely from home, would gaming probably be the biggest use?

Jaybonaut

join:2012-05-29
reply to msmisfit

said by msmisfit:

I'm just curious, what is this constant drum beat for more upload about? For gamers, or people who use a lot of cloud storage/backups, or what? I'm excluding business uses... just wondering what the average home user needs more for.

I rent server space I upload to occasionally and I also am a Youtube content creator. 4 meg up is a giant pain in the butt.