spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

drop catv service

the amount of video free for the taking on the internet is growing.. you do NOT have to pay $50+ to get access to 6 channels of content that most people watch-- the fact that millions of people do when there are alternatives speaks volumes to the laziness and complacency of the subscribership. subscription tv is NOT an essential.

rchandra
Stargate Universe fan
Premium Member
join:2000-11-09
14225-2105
ARRIS ONT1000GJ4
EnGenius EAP1250

rchandra

Premium Member

That's why a couple of months ago I told them to drop the ~$63/mo. for their "standard" TV, and went to broadcast and public access. What's weird is, since I only use the NTSC signals (a MythTV with a PVR500 card), I should have done this a long, LONG time ago, because basically nothing changed. I expected them to come out and insert a low (high? band?) pass filter which would block USA, TNT, AMC, etc....but I guess they only care about the digital extras, which they can control w/o a truck roll.
smcallah
join:2004-08-05
Home

smcallah to tmc8080

to tmc8080
So, if everyone got free video from the Internet, there would eventually be nothing new to watch. We'd all be watching all the old shows that we got for free.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

I call BS, sofar NONE of the content providers have gone belly up and the movie industry is making RECORD profits! Basically you a spewing industry propaganda.. yes, the industry's business model will have to evolve.. but that doesn't happen without pain, or without an end to apathy from the consumer!