Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

1 edit

chachazz to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20

Re: [FireFox] I am married to Firefox

said by Mele20:

I hope you are right but when I read mods and other extremely loyal Fx old timers at Mozillazine speculating and saying otherwise with the most extreme vehemence against Mozilla ....well...I never thought I would see the day that they would spit such vitriol (even though it is deserved) against Mozilla. When they, of all Fx users, speak out like this and some devs have passionately joined them in the criticism and, in addition to many other things, have stated that Mozilla acted to add ads to Fx without even bothering to notify Mozillians of their decision hence they were caught totally unaware and shunned as far as being asked for an opinion, feedback, etc. well......

I think Mozilla's actions indicate that major decisions are now made unilaterally, in secret, and NOTHING is sacred now about Fx. First Mozilla said those ads would just be there until the new user had time to surf and populate the tiles with their favorite sites. A few days later, Mozilla amended that to state that the ad tiles will be there PERMANENTLY.

who cares? just turn it off...so far, tiles can be easily turned off with click of the [edit]button tile icon....

Most distressed are (no doubt) desktop users ... desktop is not the future ...Mozilla is moving into the future ... devices, phones, tablets and all that comes with it...being dependent on one revenue stream (google) is dangerous.
EdmundGerber
join:2010-01-04

EdmundGerber

said by chachazz:

who cares? just turn it off...so far, tiles can be easily turned off with click of the [edit]button tile icon....

Most distressed are (no doubt) desktop users ... desktop is not the future ...Mozilla is moving into the future ... devices, phones, tablets and all that comes with it...being dependent on one revenue stream (google) is dangerous.

Pissing off your userbase is just as dangerous - you can have all the ads you want, but if no one is looking....
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

2 recommendations

Mele20 to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
Wow! If your attitude is the majority attitude of the Mozilla community then Fx is DEAD.

It is quite foolish and shortsighted to announce that the desktop is dead. It is NOT dead and is not going to become dead. Power users are not gone either. If anything needs to go it is wasting money on that new mobile Fx browser. If Mozilla wants to go down the fool's road in that regard then they should get their money for that from those who will actually use it...in other words...charge those users for it.

Mozilla has something great going with Enterprise community and they are evidently insane enough to now be making ominous noises about killing it! I'm sure you agree with that too as those are mostly desktop users.

Deliberate obtuseness does not fit you well and I am, frankly, quite surprised at your attitude. Just turn the tiles off?? And what do we do when Mozilla is emboldened by our lack of caring (as you have stated is the correct attitude for all of us) to make the tiles where they cannot be turned off?