Search similar:

uniqs

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

More channel bonding in Central TX

Looks like as of this morning, I'm seeing 8 channels bonded instead of 4. The modem has also gone from IPv4-only mode to attempting to send Router Solicitation packets (currently not being responded to) and falling back to IPv4.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Good news on the 8 channels. Maybe we should get a sticky like comcast, and have everyone post up screen shots of their 8 channel bonding. Maybe some day we can even match their sticky on upstream bonding.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

But we don't actually need channel bonding to get more than 5 megs up......

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Shhh

Cabal
Premium Member

Cabal

Premium Member

Got this in the mail today, probably a change in advance of speeds doubling mid-March.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Nice. We just got the max 107 recently as well. Anyone reading the forums couldn't miss my posts about it, lol

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

Wish I could get upgraded from 50 to 107 for free.......

107 in my area was turned on very quietly.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Mine wasn't free either, although in reality, it really only turns out to be $5 more a month, than what the 50/3 originally launched for in this market. I was paying $100 for 50/3 and then at some point it fell to 80, and now I pay $105 for 107/5

Any idea how much your max 107 is?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to moldypickle

to moldypickle
probably has something to do with cabal being in an Austin surburb

Oh and I think some parts of Northeast TX are going to have a hard time going to 8 channel bonding until they remove more analog channels or go all digital. I know Sulphur Springs TX appeared to only have 579MHz open to add as a 5th channel but 861MHz seemed to be open as well so they could do some rearranging to get to 6 downstream channels and they could also move a QAM to RF 71 to open up another QAM slot there. This was around christmas. This is thanks to Sulphurs Springs carrying around 13-14 HD local OTA channels from Dallas-Fort Worth compared to the Tyler and Shreveport DMA systems in neighboring counties only carrying between 4-8 HD local OTA channels.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle to gatorkram

Premium Member

to gatorkram
said by gatorkram:

Any idea how much your max 107 is?

Need to call in again, haven't done so yet this month, but last month if I recall correctly it was another $45/month (bundled with tv) to get from 50 to 107. Plus a $40 upgrade fee and a $40 truck roll for a technician to install it (mandatory service visit if you're the first in your area with 107 so the tech can check the speeds of your neighbors houses... yeah, bs I though too)
moldypickle

moldypickle to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
said by motorola870:

compared to the Tyler and Shreveport DMA systems

Currently I'm able to pull in 7 HD ota signals
dhudson1984
join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984 to Cabal

to Cabal
annnnd what about those upload speeds??? lol.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

In fight club SL, we don't talk about fight club upload speeds.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

1 recommendation

HarryH3 to Cabal

Premium Member

to Cabal
Found the same flyer in our pile of mail this morning. Awesome. We've been pretty happy with 15 Mbps, but more is always better. Right? I guess I really have to start looking for a new router though. My old WRT54G maxes out at around 20 Mbps throughput on the WAN port.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

YES! MORE IS BETTER.... except the paying the bill part..
HarryH3
Premium Member

HarryH3

Premium Member

said by gatorkram:

YES! MORE IS BETTER.... except the paying the bill part..

That's the best part about this. It won't cost more. (Though the skeptic in me can't help but think that this is really just another step towards metered billing. Get everyone used to high speeds and then crank up the data-money machine. )

Cabal
Premium Member

Cabal to dhudson1984

Premium Member

to dhudson1984
said by dhudson1984:

annnnd what about those upload speeds??? lol.

I'll be curious to see. Currently on the 15/1.5 plan and get a steady 16/1.7 just about any time.
Lindsey
join:2008-12-16
Gypsy, WV

Lindsey to Cabal

to Cabal
wish we was getting that, but than again this is WV..prolly be another 5 years for the idiots here to do that..all they do here is up our bill pricy and keep shitty service

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle to gatorkram

Premium Member

to gatorkram
said by gatorkram:

In fight club SL, we don't talk about fight club upload speeds.

That's funny. Another funny thing is that even att is apparently upping their upstream speeds (doesn't sound like much, but going from 3megs to 5megs is almost doubling the speed, lol)

Gaff
Just like the gypsy woman said
join:1999-09-05
North TX, US

Gaff to Cabal

to Cabal
Still just the four channels here in north TX.
NoOneButMe
join:2001-08-24
TX

NoOneButMe to Cabal

to Cabal
I wonder when we will see the 107mb blast here in Onalaska. we are using 4 channel bonding so no 8 channel bonding yet.
DeletedAcc2f
join:2005-10-01
Los Angeles, CA

DeletedAcc2f to Cabal

to Cabal
Still 4 channel bonding only in my area of North Texas as well.

Any suddenlink reps want to chime in about weather North Texas will be next? Pleeease?

vandon
@suddenlink.net

vandon to Cabal

Anon

to Cabal
What modems are being sold to customers who go the $35 modem route on freespeedupgrade.com? I would like to know if it is a decent modem or if I should get my own somewhere else.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram to Cabal

Premium Member

to Cabal
Click for full size
Got my 8 channels of goodness.
HarryH3
Premium Member

1 edit

HarryH3 to Cabal

Premium Member

to Cabal
I noticed an interesting oddity this morning. If I run the speedtest at »www.speedtest.net, I'm seeing 15 Mbps download speed. However, if I run the Suddenlink specific speedtest at »speedtest.suddenlink.net and select the Dallas server, then I'm seeing the "coming soon" 30 Mbps download speed. So it appears that the new speed is already enabled within the Texas part of the SL network, but is still throttled for outside connections.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

I highly doubt they would be engaged in such practice. Many different things can come into play when testing the speed of your connection.
HarryH3
Premium Member

HarryH3

Premium Member

Gotta read the whole thread... This area is scheduled to have the speeds increased on 3/18. My speed will go from its current 15 to 30. I'm already seeing 30, but ONLY inside the SL net. All speedtests outside of the SL net are still at 15 (and the speedtest inside of SL used to show 15).

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

I don't even know if its technically possible to do what you are suggesting. It would take some network magic to limit your speeds in such a manner. I'm not an expert, but it seems like a really silly thing to do.

No clue why you'd be seeing those type of results, but to say they have pushed an update to your modem, so that it's getting 30mbit speeds, but that they throttle any outbound connection outside the SL network....I just don't see it.
HarryH3
Premium Member

1 recommendation

HarryH3

Premium Member

OK, you totally missed the point and the significance of the specific numbers that I'm seeing. Go back to running your speed tests and posting results.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

So let me see if I understand, what you are presenting.

Your plan is due for an upgrade, from 15, to 30mbit.

You are already seeing this upgrade, but only to internal test servers.

This would indicate, first, that you have already had your modem upgraded via config file, but that they are throttling your connection to every other site to the original 15, and at some point they will remove this throttle to complete the upgrade.

And what I am saying, is I don't agree. What I am saying is you have been upgraded, and for some other reason you are seeing slower results to other servers. That, or the tests you got higher than expected results are a fluke. You haven't posted any results at all, so who knows what could be going on.

What point am I missing?

What point are you trying to make?