Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

[FiOS] "Get the same deal as a new FiOS TV Customer" Email

Here's what showed up in my inbox this morning, anyone else get this? Anyone call in yet?

NOW YOU CAN GET THE SAME DEAL AS A NEW CUSTOMER!

You could be enjoying more value from your entertainment by upgrading to our newest FiOSĀ® TV and Internet packages from Frontier–for a whole lot less than you think!

As a valued, long-term subscriber to one of our older FiOS TV and/or Internet packages, we're rewarding you with a special offer that will update your services and provide you with a better overall entertainment experience. For a limited time, we're extending our current promotions that are normally reserved for new customers only. As a result, you can update your package, get more channels (including more in HD), and enjoy our best available promotional pricing with many free extras.

Upgrade now and receive:
• More channels–including more in HD
• FREE activation of new services
• Our best promotional pricing

Call now for a free account review! We'll review your current line-up of services and tell you how you can take advantage of this incredible offer! You may also be eligible for special offers on DVR service and our premium movie package. You've got nothing to lose!

However, you must respond within the next 30 days to take advantage of this limited-time offer. Please call 1.866.405.5849 and mention promo code GET MORE to start enjoying your upgraded entertainment experience.

oregonmatt
join:2000-08-10
Hillsboro, OR

oregonmatt

Not me, but I'm not sure Frontier knows what my email address is...

Probably not coincidental this comes out the same day as Google Fiber becomes a possibility.

cprgolds
Woof Woof
Premium Member
join:2000-12-22
Portland, OR
Asus RT-AC88
Asus RT-AC68

cprgolds to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I got the same email and haven't done anything. Last time I checked, I had a better package grandfathered from Verizon than any of the current offerings. They were slightly cheaper for a year and then would revert to regular pricing that was more than I was paying.
td798
join:2013-01-31
Clackamas, OR

td798 to darcilicious

to darcilicious
Looks like a bait and switch to Dish TV again.
Bob61571
join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL

Bob61571 to oregonmatt

to oregonmatt
Wow! Frontier FiOS taking on Google Fiber.....Wonder which one is shaking in their boots!!!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to td798

Premium Member

to td798
said by td798:

Looks like a bait and switch to Dish TV again.

Nope, it's all FiOS all the time, baby!
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

54761437 (banned) to darcilicious

to darcilicious
Wonder what their plans, if any, are to update their Internet speed tiers. Oh...oh, sorry...I forgot it's Frontier for just a minute there.

cprgolds
Woof Woof
Premium Member
join:2000-12-22
Portland, OR

cprgolds to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Has anyone actually checked out this offer?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Well, I haven't called but I did manage to view their current new customer offerings (via a nearby address that doesn't have FiOS installed). And if that's what they're offering, no thanks.

For the new Extreme HD plan vs the old "2009" version I would lose a few more channels, lose 10mb/s on my upload speed, and pay $15/mo more.