spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

New Firmware

Click for full size
There is a new firmware for Actiontec Rev I 40.21.10.3 from Actiontec when checked. I have not updated yet, will just wait for the push. For some Rev. I's rebooting, this might be the fix.

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
join:2006-01-17
Columbia, PA

K3SGM

Premium Member

OK, I upgraded one of my Actiontec's to the new version(not that I ever had issues with the prior version).

Don't know if this is a bug fix for Internet problems, or just improvements to get ready for the Verizon Media Server on the TV side of things.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

3 recommendations

nycdave

MVM

40.21.10.3 fixes the router rebooting issue.

K3SGM
- -... ...- -
Premium Member
join:2006-01-17
Columbia, PA

K3SGM

Premium Member

Thanks Dave, I've been running 40.21.10.2 on a pair of Actiontec's(one is connected to another ISP) for a while and never had a reboot issue.

Is it it particular to certain revisions or configurations?? I check both units, and my up-times are into the thousands of hours.

RevI
@verizon.net

RevI to bluepoint

Anon

to bluepoint
Is this version for Rev. I routers only?

bluepoint

bluepoint

Yes.

nycdave
MVM
Melville, NY

2 recommendations

nycdave to K3SGM

MVM

to K3SGM
It depends on the number and type of Verizon STB's connected. If you don't have the rebooting issue with .2, you won't notice any change with .3.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Thanks for the update. I switched my Rev E, which I had put back due to the reboots, for the Rev I and did the Firmware update to 40.21.10.3.

goopy
@verizon.net

goopy

Anon

The new firmware did absolutely nothing for my issue. My router rebooted less than an hour after upgrading.

nycdave
MVM
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Something else is causing your issue. What type of devices do you have connected to it?
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to bluepoint

to bluepoint
Instead of speculation, is there any actual documented information regarding what this firmware upgrade contains?

bluepoint

bluepoint

Who me? Maybe, you want to direct your question to nycdave See Profile.

goopy
@verizon.net

goopy

Anon

I have exactly the same devices connected to the Rev. I that I had connected to the Rev. D and E, which never rebooted. Nor has the configuration of any of my devices changed. Six months of troubleshooting has taught me one thing -- it's the Rev. I.
bsangs
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to bluepoint

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

I'm not picky. If anybody here has the answer, that's fine with me.

bluepoint

bluepoint

said by bsangs:

said by bluepoint:

I'm not picky. If anybody here has the answer, that's fine with me.

That's fine, I thought by replying to me , you were asking me.

icemannyr1

2 edits

icemannyr1

The router just rebooted so the new firmware does not fix the problem.
I'm going back to the Rev E router.
There has to be something wrong with the Rev I routers as I had the Rev E running for almost a week with no reboots and in about a day of using the Rev I with the new firmware it's already rebooting.
bsangs
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

Another day, another reboot. New firmware made no difference. Wish I could say I was surprised. Time to reconnect the Rev. F again.

bluepoint

bluepoint

Maybe it's time for all affected subs by this rebooting bug to compare equipments and see what's common.
a. Do you have the newer Rev. I?
b. Number of STB's and what brand
c. Do you use the Actiontec's wireless?

Things like that will help Verizon diagnose the problem properly. Just noticed both of you are from NJ, it might be a factor also.

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to bsangs

to bsangs
your ont or modem is defective you need a service call.

goopy
@verizon.net

goopy

Anon

Many of us have had our ONTs replaced already and it's made no difference. It's the Rev. I.
goopy

goopy

Anon

It's not relegated to just NJ. There are dozens of people from all over the country complaining about exactly the same problem on the Verizon peer-to-peer forum. We're all using the Rev. I, have an array of STBs (Motorola, Cisco) and some of us are using the routers wireless and some are not.
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint
I am not impacted by the rebooting Rev I bug, yet I have an earlier Rev I since I upgraded to 150/65 package as soon as my CO was upgraded back in 2012. VZ really needs to start looking into swapping out the buggy Rev I routers that have this issue, as it appears to be a manufacturer's defect in them. No firmware is going to fix a defective router from the manufacturer.

bluepoint

bluepoint to goopy

to goopy
Did you acquire your Rev. I lately? I had mine in March last year and I'm not having the rebooting bug. I think, which I already said in the other thread, Verizon needs to compare the manufacturing dates of the problematic routers to the non problematic ones. Someone posted in another thread, the newer REv. I have different hardwares inside compared to the earlier models.

icemannyr1

1 edit

icemannyr1

My current Rev I router has the larger white label with black text on the back.
I had two before this one that had the smaller label with the router information on it.
I am using WiFi and a Linkys is connected and running as a switch.
That STBs are alll Motos.
bsangs
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to tito79

to tito79
said by tito79:

your ont or modem is defective you need a service call.

Router and ONT have both been replaced already. Only happens with the Rev. I routers. The Rev. F never reboots. Many threads about this existing issue. Might want to check them out before offering definitive "solutions."
bsangs

bsangs to bluepoint

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

Did you acquire your Rev. I lately? I had mine in March last year and I'm not having the rebooting bug. I think, which I already said in the other thread, Verizon needs to compare the manufacturing dates of the problematic routers to the non problematic ones. Someone posted in another thread, the newer REv. I have different hardwares inside compared to the earlier models.

I've had both models experience the rebooting nonsense. The old one, then the newer one they sent as a replacement. Makes no difference. The only thing that makes a difference is disconnecting the Rev. I and reconnecting the old Rev. F. The Rev. F model NEVER reboots.
OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium Member
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA

OwlSaver to bluepoint

Premium Member

to bluepoint
This may seem like a silly question, but here goes. How do you know that your router is rebooting? I have mine in a closet in the basement. I can imagine it rebooting several times a day and nobody noticing. Is there any way to track the reboots?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Go to the System Monitoring screen. At the bottom of the page, it will tell you how many hours since the router last rebooted. That number should be in the hundreds or thousands of hours.
bsangs
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by More Fiber:

Go to the System Monitoring screen. At the bottom of the page, it will tell you how many hours since the router last rebooted. That number should be in the hundreds or thousands of hours.

Instead of less than 24 hours. Every. Single. Day.
floridafuzz
Premium Member
join:2008-02-23
Hope, RI

floridafuzz

Premium Member

Model Name: MI424WR-GEN3I
Hardware Version: I
Firmware Version: 40.21.10.2
Active Status(Router has been active for): 742 Hours,33 minutes
FYI- My router stats-