Search similar:

uniqs

HopePray
@verizon.net

HopePray to floridafuzz

Anon

to floridafuzz

Re: New Firmware

Hundreds or thousands of hours? I'm lucky to get a couple of hours before a reboot.

Seems to me that Verizon is just covering up the cause. They should already know that x amount of STB & DVR's cause a problem and have a fix.

I just installed the newest firmware. But I think it isn't going to work

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

My after putting Rev I back and updating the firmware on Wednesday it rebooted around 3am Friday and rebooted again at 12:30pm today.

I called tech support to get a new IP for the Rev E to activate and was also able to get them to ship a replacement router out.

I'll give the new router a chance then if that does not work I'll just stay with the Rev E.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

For what it's worth, here is my set up:

1- 7232 DVR (four room MRDVR enabled)
3- 7100 STBs
1- HDHomeRun with 3 tuners (CableCARD)
1-CableCARD equipped TV
1-PS4
1-XBOX 360
26 connected devices total, i.e. Windows laptops and desktops, Android, iOS, Windows Surface, Smart TVs and Blue RAY players

My router was rebooting quite frequently and since I installed the .3 firmware, it has gone 65 hours with no reboots.

I have a MI424WR-GEN3I router with an Actiontec MOCA WECB extender attached.
WeenieAlso
join:2002-01-29
Pasadena, MD

WeenieAlso to bluepoint

to bluepoint
I have the .3 firmware. I see reboots randomly, actiontec is of no use and neither is verizon. I believe this started with a firmware update ( I should have never let it automatically update.) Is there a way to go back ?

goopy
@verizon.net

goopy

Anon

Only way to roll back is find a copy of the .2 .rmt file and force an upgrade. I'm sure someone has a copy laying around. (I think I have it buried somewhere on my PC.)

That said, plenty of us were experiencing reboots with both the .2 and .3 releases, so I'm not sure that's your culprit. I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility, however.

icemannyr1

icemannyr1

Got two replacement routers today when they were just supposed to send one.
Instead of getting a Rev. I router to replace the Rev. I router they sent two Rev. F routers.

Since the Rev. E. router is working fine I'm just going to send the two Rev. F. back and keep using the Rev. E.
bgraw3
join:2014-03-04
Annapolis, MD

1 recommendation

bgraw3 to bluepoint

to bluepoint
My router (rev. I) started rebooting in September or October of 2013. It was solid for a year prior (when we moved to a new house.) I called FiOS multiple times and was shipped a new router at one point. But, they could never fix it or offer any reasons.

A couple of weeks ago, I was so frustrated with the reboots, that I called on a Saturday morning and spoke to someone that was at least willing to try and help. They dispatched a technician who told me the problem was not my ONT or router. It was the combination of my router and 6 Cisco STB's. If I only had 4 Cisco STB's, my router would not reboot. That was easy to prove. I unplugged 2 of the STB's, and lo and behold, the router has not rebooted. It says it's been up for 201 hours.

After it had been up for 4 days, I called back to find out when they would have the fix for this combination. At one point, they were going to switch out my STB's. But, then they said they had to dispatch a technician. The technician called, said that there was nothing he could do, yet, but that there should be a fix soon. He called back today to say I should be fixed.

When I looked at the router this morning after the call, it does show that I have the latest firmware. I was not the one that pushed the update button. It says version 40.21.10.3 was released Feb 3 2014. Can they upgrade the firmware without doing a reboot? (Someone has been messing with something because they keep changing my DHCP settings.)

I'm going to plug in my 2 unplugged STB's and see if the router reboots. It usually happens pretty quickly. The longest it ever went was 2 days. The shortest was within an hour. So, if I post quickly, you know it was not fixed. If it's been a couple of days, I'm still waiting for it to fail. :-/
KGB7
join:2003-12-17
Rockville, MD

KGB7 to bluepoint

to bluepoint
Flashed Rev I with latest firmware and i see no difference. I didnt have any reboots in the first place and i still dont.

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou

said by KGB7:

Flashed Rev I with latest firmware and i see no difference. I didnt have any reboots in the first place and i still dont.

Same here. I received a refurbished revision I from Verizon back in January, and it has never had a rebooting issue.
qwert9999
join:2001-06-27
Port Richey, FL

1 edit

qwert9999 to bluepoint

to bluepoint
did they push the update Version: 40.21.10.3? because my rev I just rebooted for the first time while i was watching netflix. i'm hoping it was just a update and not some other problem.

update
ok they pushed the update i found it in the log file.

CWMP Firmware Upgrade Success. New Version: 40.21.10.3
WeenieAlso
join:2002-01-29
Pasadena, MD

WeenieAlso to bgraw3

to bgraw3
I have 3 cisco STBs and had reboots till I disabled WMM and turned off wireless. One exception is I have an hdhomerunprime which is an extra 3 STBS while not Cisco.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

336 hours (two weeks) and no reboot with the new firmware....
nowayout
join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

4 edits

nowayout to bluepoint

to bluepoint
Using .3 hasn't made a change here. Still get reboots every few days.

It wouldn't be particularly annoying but for the fact that I rely on a stable moca network for a couple of Tivo Minis throughout the house, so it can cut into TV watching as well as internet.

- 2 Tivo DVRs (moca)
- 2 Tivo Minis (moca)
- 1 Verizon/Moto DCT700
- 1 Tivo Stream (ethernet)
- 3 computers/laptops (1 ethernet, 2 wireless laptops)
- 1 Kindle Fire (wireless)
- 1 iPod touch (wireless)
- 1 Obihai voip (ethernet)
- 1 Roku 3 (wireless)

Plus or minus the occasional family/visitor wireless device.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by nowayout:

Using .3 hasn't made a change here. Still get reboots every few days.

It wouldn't be particularly annoying but for the fact that I rely on a stable moca network for a couple of Tivo Minis throughout the house, so it can cut into TV watching as well as internet.

- 2 Tivo DVRs (moca)
- 2 Tivo Minis (moca)
- 1 Verizon/Moto DCT700
- 1 Tivo Stream (ethernet)
- 3 computers/laptops (1 ethernet, 2 wireless laptops)
- 1 Kindle Fire (wireless)
- 1 iPod touch (wireless)
- 1 Obihai voip (ethernet)
- 1 Roku 3 (wireless)

Plus or minus the occasional family/visitor wireless device.

You know, it's funny you bring that up. When I have Tivo's connected using the Rev. I, it reboots every 22 to 28 hours without fail. When I remove the Tivos from the equation, I get no reboots. (It's worth noting that when using the Rev. F router there are no reboots when the Tivos are connected.) Something about the Rev. I just doesn't make it play well with others on my network.

icemannyr1

icemannyr1 to bluepoint

to bluepoint
I noticed my Rev E had a reboot overnight and when I checked it was due to an automatic firmware update.

CWMP Firmware Upgrade Success. New Version: 19.21.0.2

Anyone know what updates were added?

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

1 recommendation

Mike Wolf to bsangs

to bsangs
For what it's worth, I've been doing testing with various MoCA devices including TiVo with a Rev I router for about a year now and I haven't ever experienced issues with rebooting. I've only updated the firmware for no other reason but to be current with it and hope it fixes IPv6 issues (my ISP is Comcast)
nowayout
join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

1 edit

nowayout to bsangs

to bsangs
I've now gone 17 days (409 hours) without a reboot. I was previously getting reboots every 3-4 days. Judging from the lack of new posts about this issue, are other folks having fewer issues these days too?

The Verizon forums have also gone quiet. Some posters have said they've been running for a couple weeks now. Sounds like it was something other than the router causing the problem. (ONT?)

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

Maybe they're just hoping not to jinx themselves?

MrKal_El
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY

MrKal_El to bluepoint

to bluepoint
I recently swapped my Rev G main router to a Rev I for Quantum TV, and I see this firmware...the issue I have is I have a MOCA Bridge setup with another Rev I and it has been stuck on 40.19.22 since I installed it about a year ago.

It never auto updates, I wonder if there is a way to d/l this new firmware... Offer force this router to install it...

(I could also swap routers, but then the MOCA one will still never upgrade itself)
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565

for some reason i can't log into my router's admin panel. at the moment. But if you do it on the 2nd router there is a spot there to check for updates.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to MrKal_El

to MrKal_El
said by MrKal_El:

I wonder if there is a way to d/l this new firmware... Offer force this router to install it...

Yes, get it from »upgrade.actiontec.com/MI ··· EN3I.rmt for Rev. I, save it to your computer then use the "upgrade now" option pointing it to the file you saved.

MrKal_El
Brooklyn, NY

MrKal_El

said by bluepoint:

said by MrKal_El:

I wonder if there is a way to d/l this new firmware... Offer force this router to install it...

Yes, get it from »upgrade.actiontec.com/MI ··· EN3I.rmt for Rev. I, save it to your computer then use the "upgrade now" option pointing it to the file you saved.

Thanks! Didn't know where that link was before... Cool thing...Able to do the upgrade on my network with my S5...

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

I just copied that URL from the Rev I's firmware upgrade menu.

MrKal_El
Brooklyn, NY

MrKal_El

said by bluepoint:

I just copied that URL from the Rev I's firmware upgrade menu.

Ha!