Search similar:

uniqs
gaganji
join:2006-02-11
canada

gaganji

[Cable] Cable Transfer

Hi there,

I just started a transfer to EBOX yesterday and I got a confirmation from my present provider:
Your cancellation for your rCable has been processed as requested for 2/28/2014. Your cancellation number is: 5XXXXXXXXXXX3
Is there anything else I can do from my end to make sure this can go smoothly, besides filling in the order form online?

Thanks.
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre

Premium Member

said by gaganji:

Hi there,

I just started a transfer to EBOX yesterday and I got a confirmation from my present provider:

Your cancellation for your rCable has been processed as requested for 2/28/2014. Your cancellation number is: 5XXXXXXXXXXX3
Is there anything else I can do from my end to make sure this can go smoothly, besides filling in the order form online?

Thanks.

I would say, do it right away... because the 28th is not really that far.
gaganji
canada

gaganji

said by zadigre:

I would say, do it right away... because the 28th is not really that far.

I did it yesterday (20 hrs ago). I got the following email:
Welcome to Electronic Box.

Please do not reply to this email directly. You will not get a reply since this mailbox is not monitored. If you have questions regarding this bill, please email us at sales@electronicbox.net. We have received your subscription request.

If you ordered a DSL product
Your installation will be made within 5 working days

If you ordered a Cable product
We will send your installation date within a period of 3 to 7 working days.
I just want to make sure there isn't anything else I should be doing. Like calling up my previous provider and making sure they let Rogers know promptly, so EBOX can start.

Thanks.
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre

Premium Member

if you got a disconnection date, you probably don't need to do anything else with your current provider...

but if you are not sure for the delays, call them...
if you get an installation date in 3 to 7 days, it does not mean that you will be connected at that time also.
gaganji
canada

gaganji

Gotcha...
Definitely not easy to move from one provider to another.

eboxsidney
Superviseur
Premium Member
join:2013-12-03

1 recommendation

eboxsidney to gaganji

Premium Member

to gaganji
If you provided us with your disconnection date and your previous provider's account number (only if it's videotron), there is nothing else you need to do. Note that the delay for a transfer is 7 to 14 days and may require a technician depending on the type of equipment you had with your previous provider. Don't hesitate to call in if you have any inquiries or pm me with your account number so I can give you more specific information.
gaganji
canada

gaganji

Thank you.
I IM'd you.
gaganji

3 edits

gaganji

Having some trouble with the transfer, just as I expected... Sorry for the rant..

shameonyou
join:2013-06-05
canada

shameonyou

1. ebox says to schedule a disconnection date in a reasonable time frame considering it takes them 1-2 weeks and a half to do installation.
3. Ebox don't have access to the schedule of the cable distributor so they cant guarantee you a date.
4. your month that you pre payed only starts once youre installed, not before.
nster
join:2013-12-15
H4P

1 edit

nster to gaganji

to gaganji
said by gaganji:

1. EBOX told me to cancel Teksavvy before booking EBOX (Feb 28, 2014 - an option EBOX gave me online).
2. Teksavvy put the cancellation through.
3. EBOX says they can only do March 3. Why did EBOX tell me to cancel Teksavvy first, if they weren't sure when they could provide me with a hook-up date. Maybe they should check their schedule before asking me mine?
4. For the cherry on top, they already charged me the monthly fee. For what you ask, for nothing yet.

1-3. An option they gave you online? I'm not sure what you mean because all I see is a field to write the date. In the FAQ (»Cable Modem Ontario FAQ) it says at least 10+ business days

4. Prepaying the first month is common practice.
gaganji
canada

3 edits

gaganji

Click for full size
setting my cancellation date with EBOX for my previous provider
E.g., today is Feb 21, the first day I can "book" my cancellation is March 3 ^
The date was from a drop down calendar. I could only pick a week-or-so in advance.
I ordered on Feb 18, it gave me the option of Feb 28 as my cancellation day, that's the day I picked.

Prepaid: Feb 21 - March 21 and they said will hook-up on March 3.
I assume they will bill me again March 21 (but had no service from Feb 21 - March 3)?

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

diskace

Premium Member

Just want to clarify, your balance start to deduct from the moment your are connected and not from the moment you sign up.
gaganji
canada

gaganji

Click for full size
Thanks for the clarification.

It would really help with customer confidence if that was mentioned above the submit button:
[] I acknowledge that this is a prepaid service and the first month will be charged today. The following month will be charged a month after the service has been activated.
Honestly diskace, if your service is good and your prices are this good, I want you guys to get bigger.
If you keep the customer informed of their status throughout that process and clear up those pesky doubts before they click Submit, I assure you, they will love you.

But, by me telling you how I feel during this process, I hope you don't see it as me trying to put you guys down (you've been around long enough - you know you're doing well). Companies like you with awesome prices deserve more customers who are informed of their contract, just help us get that message across; it'll build huge trust.

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

1 recommendation

diskace

Premium Member

We can't put a bold statement like that 'a month after' as things can vary. The fact is we begin to deduct the balance prepaid at the moment the service is installed and not on the order day. There could be a better wording i am sure.