dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Netflixsucks

Anon

Netgear's own upload caused my router to corrupt beyond use!

My router was working fine until I clicked the upload button for the firmware. Then, I had no internet access. I spent all morning trying to reach someone at Netgear. When I finally reached someone, I spent over two hours with him on the phone (Ryan, #46033) only for him to conclude that the upload corrupted my router and it could not be fixed. He said because I didn't have my proof of purchase they would not do anything for me. I spoke to his supervisor (Mike #46084), who also refused to do anything for me even though it was Netgear's own upload that destroyed my router! Netgear is a crooked company! Please do not give them a penny! They need a class action lawsuit, as clearly they know their upload is destroying people's machines and they are doing nothing about it!

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

What model is the router? Don't have a solution just curious.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to Netflixsucks

to Netflixsucks
Try googling "unbrick netgear router" or "debrick netgear router" or for example, "unbrick netgear WNR3500L"

I am currently running Toastman's Tomato. Consider it or something similar if available for your Netgear.

Best of luck and post back if you get anywhere with it.

ivioo
join:2010-09-01
Deland, FL

ivioo to Netflixsucks

to Netflixsucks
I have a WNDR3700v2 and it says I have FW version 1.0.0.32 and there is a new 1.0.1.14.....it downloads the update but then I get a firmware file is incorrect error.

Puffnstuff
join:2008-04-12
Jacksonville, FL

Puffnstuff to Netflixsucks

to Netflixsucks
Is the op's router hooked up to a battery back up? I ask because nobody in their right mind should flash anything without being hooked up to battery backup. Anyway I believe that there's a recovery utility on the cd that came with your router. You should try it.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Who knows, originally posted back on the 19th and nothing else from him.