SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

[HD] Fox Sports 2

Wow - just came across something really astonishing!

Was reading a story on PhillySoccerPage and noticed one of the comments was that someone from Manayunk (Philly) had Fox Sports 2 on Channel 737 in SD.

I was like, WTF? Checked out Zap2It.com and there it is in their lineup. This may be one of the only areas around here that gets it.

Anyone else in the Philly area have FS2?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SeattleMatt:

Checked out Zap2It.com and there it is in their lineup. This may be one of the only areas around here that gets it.

Not at home right now to check, but both the Zap2It and Comcast channel lineups show nothing assigned to Channel 737 yet here in Monmouth County, NJ. But that is an encouraging sign, though!

mount laurel
@army.mil

mount laurel to SeattleMatt

Anon

to SeattleMatt
Very interesting. That's the comcast Philly area 2 HHC. They also have FOX MOVIE Channel on 172. They were called something else before - somekind of small cable company for that section of the city. I'll check Garden State, NJ system when I get home from work today. Did you find any HD FOX SPORTS 2???

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to telcodad

to telcodad
if anything this could have been a leftover from the philly cable works system (TWC) carrying fuel TV which became FS2 lol!

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to mount laurel

Premium Member

to mount laurel
ML-
Yep - they used to be Urban Cableworks (IIRC) back in the day. You might be right that it was some old grandfathered contract.

Mount Laural
@comcast.net

Mount Laural

Anon

Nothing available on ch 737 here on Garden State NJ system.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Nothing on Channel 737 here in Monmouth County, NJ either.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A

No 737 on Central New Jersey (Middlesex County)I assume it's the same for the Mercer County part of the system.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to mount laurel

Premium Member

to mount laurel
said by mount laurel :

Did you find any HD FOX SPORTS 2???

Hey Laurel-
I did find FS2 in HD! I'm up visiting my parents today in Central PA on Service Electric Cablevision.

They have about 30 more HD channels than Comcast does in Delaware. It's hilarious.

mount laurel
@comcast.net

mount laurel

Anon

No SD or HD found here on GS NJ. Received my paper bill in the mail yesterday and found a Channel Line up pamphlet effective 27 FEB 14. only change was adding channel 2 & 788 (KJWP-Delaware station)

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

FYI - There are reports from 2 posters ("Cyrene77" and "grantsa4') on the Comcast Support forum that they were told that the Fox Sports 2 channel will be added (in HD too!) to Comcast systems on August 26th: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Ch ··· 1#M52066
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Decided to try another chat to see if I got the same info - not the best of news :

GRANT I_: Juliet, I was wondering if you could confirm a rumour for me - I read that Fox Sports 2 is launching next week - is this true?

Juliet: Hello.

GRANT I_: Fox Sports 2 is a sport channel

Juliet: I understand that you want to know if Fox Sports 2 is indeed launching next week.

GRANT I_: that is correct

Juliet: I'm here for whatever questions or concerns you have. I'll do everything I can to help you.

Juliet: I am now pulling up your account.

Juliet: While waiting, let me share with you one of our free services, My Account. It is one place for customers to pay your bill, manage your account settings, and get help and support for all Comcast products. You can easily access My Account from Comcast.com.

GRANT I_: thanks

Juliet: You are most welcome.

Juliet: Last August 17 2013, FUEL TV will be renamed FOX Sports 2. Fox Networks made the decision to capitalize on the FOX Sports brand and coincide with the launch of FOX Sports 1.

Juliet: FOX Sports 2 will continue as the network that features UFC, motocross and soccer while expanding its programming to cover other top sports. It will be an extension of FOX Sports 1

GRANT I_: yip, that is all correct

GRANT I_: but can you confirm that the channel will be available on Comcast next week?

Juliet: I am checking on that right now.

GRANT I_: great - thank you very much

Juliet: No problem.

Juliet: Upon checking, there is no update yet as to when it will launch.

GRANT I_: hmmm, so not launching next week on the 26th?

Juliet: That is still tentative for now, Grant.

GRANT I_: so it may launch on that dae?t

GRANT I_: date?

Juliet: Yes, that is correct.

GRANT I_: But it may not launch at all?

Juliet: We will indeed launch it

GRANT I_: So it is definitely launching, but you don't know when?

Juliet: That is correct.

GRANT I_: Gotcha

GRANT I_: Thanks Juliet

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

said by grantsa4:

Decided to try another chat to see if I got the same info - not the best of news :

GRANT I_: Juliet, I was wondering if you could confirm a rumour for me - I read that Fox Sports 2 is launching next week - is this true?
:
:
GRANT I_: but can you confirm that the channel will be available on Comcast next week?
:
:
GRANT I_: But it may not launch at all?

Juliet: We will indeed launch it

GRANT I_: So it is definitely launching, but you don't know when?

Juliet: That is correct.

GRANT I_: Gotcha

GRANT I_: Thanks Juliet

Well, I still think it's a bit encouraging that she said "we will indeed launch it," just that the question is exactly when it will.

On the Comcast Support forum, there were statements that an email would be sent out announcing the launch (once a definite date for it is determined).
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

One of the reps did tell me that. So I guess it's just a wait and see game
kb1
join:2008-11-15
South Bend, IN

kb1 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Any word on FXX HD being added to the lineup?

mustang50
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Roseville, MI

mustang50

Premium Member

We get FXX HD here in the Detroit area.
It's on ch. 991 and 1635.

Still no sign of FS2.
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

One of the Comcast guys posted on the Comcast forum saying that he didn't know anything about it being added :

All - apologies for any incorrect information that you may have recently received..

I did confirm with our Programming and Content Acquisition teams and there are no additional areas currently planned or scheduled to get Fox Sports 2 at this time. Thanks for your patience.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by grantsa4:

One of the Comcast guys posted on the Comcast forum saying that he didn't know anything about it being added :

All - apologies for any incorrect information that you may have recently received..

I did confirm with our Programming and Content Acquisition teams and there are no additional areas currently planned or scheduled to get Fox Sports 2 at this time. Thanks for your patience.

Yes: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Ch ··· 5#M52230

BTW - That isn't just "one of the Comcast guys," but Ted Hodgins (aka "ComcastTeds"), who is "Senior Director of Technology & Product, Customer Experience" at Comcast.

This is just another example of why you can't trust what these Comcast CSRs tell you (and why more and more customers are now recording/logging their conversations/chats with them).
grantsa4
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Absolutely and I didn't mean to downplay Ted - he does a great job as well as the other Comcast employees on the forums.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
Hopefully Comcast's recently announced deal with NASCAR to be the new sponsor of their "Nationwide Series" (»Comcast Reaches Deal with NASCAR to be Secondary Series Sponsor [0] comments) will now spur Comcast to add the FS2 channel in all of their markets:

Comcast’s NASCAR sponsorship could open doors for Fox Sports 2
By Joe Lucia, AwfulAnnouncing.com - September 4, 2014
»awfulannouncing.com/2014 ··· s-2.html
quote:
NASCAR’s Nationwide Series has a new title sponsor for the 2015 season – Comcast. The series will be known as the Xfinity Series starting next year, and Comcast will be paying $200 million over ten years for the naming rights. This doesn’t seem like a huge deal until you consider where many series events will air – Fox Sports 2.

The vast majority of Fox’s NASCAR package airs on the Fox broadcast network and on Fox Sports 1, but every so often, coverage is pushed over to Fox Sports 2 when the schedule is too full. Considering the money Comcast is shelling out for these naming rights, it wouldn’t be a great look if they didn’t carry the network where some of that branded programming is airing.
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

Hopefully Comcast's recently announced deal with NASCAR to be the new sponsor of their "Nationwide Series" (»Comcast Reaches Deal with NASCAR to be Secondary Series Sponsor [0] comments) will now spur Comcast to add the FS2 channel in all of their markets:

Comcast’s NASCAR sponsorship could open doors for Fox Sports 2
By Joe Lucia, AwfulAnnouncing.com - September 4, 2014
»awfulannouncing.com/2014 ··· s-2.html

Xfinity has bold plans in NASCAR coverage
By Dan Gelston, The Associated Press - October 15, 2014
»racing.ap.org/article/xf ··· coverage
quote:
... One speed bump: Xfinity does not carry Fox Sports 2 on its cable systems, which the company hoped to have straightened out in time for 2015. ...
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan

Dammit still no Fox Sports 2 which means that the first MotoGP race will not be shown until Wed. on FS1.

Comcast needs to get on the ball here and add FS2 if Fox keeps pushing stuff to it.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by GTFan:

Dammit still no Fox Sports 2 which means that the first MotoGP race will not be shown until Wed. on FS1.

Comcast needs to get on the ball here and add FS2 if Fox keeps pushing stuff to it.

Yeah, I'm also missing some coverage of NASCAR Sprint Cup and Xfinity (the irony!) Series programming that Fox is putting on FS2 this season.

There's now a 20-page thread of complaints on Comcast's Customer Support forum on this BS now. See the latest of that here: »forums.comcast.com/t5/Ch ··· /page/20

And BTW, we're not alone with this Fox Sports crap, as AT&T U-verse customers are also having an issue with receiving Fox Sports 1 programming now. Here's some recent articles on this AT&T/Fox Sports "disagreement":

AT&T U-Verse Loses Fox Sports 1 Games
By Phillip Swann, TVPredictions.com - March 2, 2015
»www.tvpredictions.com/fo ··· 0215.htm

Fox, AT&T At Loggerheads Over FS1 Action
U-Verse Customers Will Miss NASCAR, College Hoops Contests

By Mike Farrell, Multichannel News - March 5, 2015
»www.multichannel.com/new ··· s/388543