share rss forum feed

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA
kudos:4

7 recommendations

[Updated] Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.70 released.

Offline installers do not appear to be updated yet.

Online Installer

Uninstaller if Needed
--
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

3 recommendations

Thanks jmorlan See Profile;

The Release Notes - »helpx.adobe.com/en/flash-player/···tes.html

Windows 8, Server 2012, RT, 8.1, Server 2012 R2, and RT 8.1 download links from Microsoft - »support.microsoft.com/kb/2934802

All Player downloads:
»www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashp···on3.html

For users of Flash Player 11.7.700.261 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh, who cannot update to Flash Player 12.0.0.44, Adobe has made available the update Flash Player 11.7.700.269
--
Gladiator Security Forum

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida
kudos:1
reply to jmorlan

Thank you

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
kudos:2
reply to jmorlan

Thanks jmorlan See Profile.

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
reply to jmorlan

Thanks for the Update.

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida
kudos:1
reply to jmorlan

Offline installers updated yet, does anyone know?

jmorlan
Hmm... That's funny.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-05
Pacifica, CA
kudos:4

1 recommendation

said by Sentinel:

Offline installers updated yet, does anyone know?

Yes. Posted by chachazz See Profile above...

»Re: [Updated] Adobe Flash Player 12.0.0.70 released.
--
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
reply to jmorlan

Thanks jm

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to jmorlan

Late, but thanks for the update!

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
reply to jmorlan

Flash just got around to its auto-update for this yesterday on my Win7 system. Just now, Google Chrome got downloaded and installed--not by me. Other than some Flash updates, I haven't installed anything in many months. After a little searching, I found that some Flash updates/installs in the past have also auto-installed Chrome. There's no option in the update process to choose installing or not installing Chrome (or anything else); I certainly haven't been presented with any "opportunity" to install Chrome anywhere. So, since I didn't do it, and Adobe has done it in the past... did Adobe mess up again? Anyone else run into Chrome seeming to download and install itself lately? (I don't run with an admin account. The only time I go into admin is to update Flash, and this Chrome install would have needed admin I'd think, which seems to limit the possibilities to Flash doing something hinky(?).)

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

I have disabled auto updates in all of my Apps. So no unwanted apps would be automatically downloaded and installed.

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA

said by Oleg:

I have disabled auto updates in all of my Apps.

Same here.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

Are you sure you have set Flash Player to "never check for updates"? Flash Player should of not auto updated it's self.

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS

I don't let it auto-update; I let it check for updates so I'll know when there is an update, and then I either do or don't install the update. I want to be notified of updates; I just don't let it update itself silently. This, however, is a far cry from it installing some other software entirely (if that's what happened). I'm not concerned with Flash updates and being notified--that went as it has from the beginning.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

Click for full size
Has Update notification looked like in this screenshot?
I would recommend disabling Update notification and also uninstalling old version of any app.

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS

Of course it doesn't look like that; that's from a web page for an install, which looks nothing like the update window [pop-up]. Adobe has always had some other crap option for Flash installs. Those options have never touched updates [before--for me anyway]. If the Flash update did this time, then that's... well, the world "malware" comes to mind. Mistakes happen, but they happen with Adobe a lot. If this is a policy change by Adobe, then that's an even bigger mistake on their part. Disabling notifications would do nothing useful. But if updates are going to be used to install optional software then I'll stop doing updates and revert to manual installs. IF... (though it's yet to be determined if that's what happened here).

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

I am always using Offline Installer and Flash Player never has installed Chrome or any other Adware.

GlennAllen
Premium
Richmond, VA

Well, I've always used the updater after the initial install and it's never installed Chrome or anything else before either. While Flash looks like the most likely culprit here, I'm still collecting info. We'll see.