spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Nixo
@bellsouth.net

Nixo

Anon

Cannot connect Toshiba laptop to wireless router w/o a reset of the router

In my office, I had been able to connect to our wireless router with no problems for several months. All of a sudden, I cannot connect to the router without resetting the router. I have no problems connecting to my home wifi and the issue just started here at the office a few weeks ago. Of course, it is disruptive to those in my office who are already connected for the day. On very rare occasions, I am able to come in and connect without reset, but those days are very rare.
Any ideas or resolutions?

eibgrad
join:2010-03-15
united state

eibgrad

Does it happen that on those rare days it works without rebooting the router, you’re also booting the laptop from a cold start (not sleep, not hibernation, but truly OFF)? In fact, have you tried cold starting the laptop when you have this problem rather than rebooting the router?

Nixo
@bellsouth.net

Nixo

Anon

I actually cold start every morning...I take my laptop home with me and usually work wireless from there...then come back to the office and have problems with this wireless router.
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

Does it show unidentified network when you look at the network connections. If it does, it might be your antivirus/ firewall. I quick google search of unidentified network and your os will find a lot of stuff

Nixo
@knology.net

Nixo

Anon

No, no unidentified network showing. But, will google it to see if it give me any other ideas of things to try...very annoying. Thanks!

BlueMist
join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

BlueMist

Next time the problem turns up a the office and other PC's are successfully using the wireless just fine, go into your PC and completely "delete" the wireless network connection for your office.

Then tell your PC to relearn the connection, and have your office networks wireless password ready.

If/when your PC asks what kind of network you are trying to access be sure to tell it that you are on an Office or Home network and not a Public network or you may run into problems accessing devices on the office network.

The good thing with fixing your PC and not resetting the router is that you don't have to force the working users off the router just to fix your individual machine's problem.