Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to mrschultz02

Premium Member

to mrschultz02

Re: [Comcast Equip] Comcast HD DTA review - plain jane version with no guide. Yet.

Have been on the phone with a very clueless Comcast "tech" who really doesn't know what the H I'm talking about. First she says I must have an HD-DVR before I can get HD channels. When I explain that I have a new HD-DTA, she has no idea what that is. Then I try to describe what I want (the HD channel for the local broadcast channels), somehow she thinks I'm wanting HBO. She keeps saying, "you must subscribe to HBO before you can get that channel." I asked to speak to a supervisor, but there wasn't one available. I hung up and called back. Got a guy this time, but he was equally clueless. After keeping me on hold for nearly 20 minutes in total, and sending three "update codes" to the DTA with it still not tuning in the HD channels, he tells me "you must subscribe to premium channels before you can get HD." I give up. I'm just going to Best Buy and getting an antenna.
mrschultz02
join:2007-09-10
Wallingford, PA
Asus RT-AC88

mrschultz02

said by fuziwuzi:

I give up. I'm just going to Best Buy and getting an antenna.

Have you tried going into chat on the Comcast support page? Worked for me, took a few minutes of questions before he asked for the serial number on the HD DTA, then a few more minutes for the signal to go out and the box reset.

Tell them the HD DTA is skipping the HD channels, (I gave the range it was skipping), and as a limited basic subscriber you are supposed to get them.