Premium Member
join:2008-05-16
Toronto, ON

Spike5 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues

Re: Canada's 700Mhz spectrum auction is over, results today - 5pm

said by elwoodblues:

All my discounts also expired and they refused to do a damn thing. So I told them I'm going to Wind, and they didn't care, in fact i ported out 15 days early, but they were 'kind' enough not to nail me for early termination.

Do you have Rogers Cable and homephone also? I believe this makes a large difference when it comes to retentions. Piss off a customer like HiVolt and he'll probably cancel his cable and go FibeTV/Sat or something.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Nope I have nothing with them, They screwed themselves over when it came to cable.

I had a deal in which I got a PVR for life and the cost of the service was like $30/month

4-5yrs ago, I was renovating the house and I called to suspend the service (why pay for something I'm not using). I figured 3 months (boy was I wrong) and catch this, if you suspend a service, you lose your deal. Anyway the woman on the phone figured something out and all was good. Towards the end of 3 months realize the end was not in sight I called to extend.

OH no you don't qualify (for what they called)" the travelers package".

WTF? I qualified last month
Oh that CSR made a mistake.

Fine, cancel everything

I have never looked back. There is a vast rich niche of content available out there, that the media companies here will never buy. They can't seem to see much beyond what's south of us.

I've watched so many British Drama's (that's not even on BBC Canada (which is Shaw IIRC)
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to Spike5

to Spike5
It doesn't make any difference. They know that nobody else is offering 6GB for $30 so they'd rather lose you as a customer then take a hit on their margins. They know someone will eventually come along and pay the $105 they're now demanding for 6GB.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by yyzlhr:

It doesn't make any difference. They know that nobody else is offering 6GB for $30 so they'd rather lose you as a customer then take a hit on their margins. They know someone will eventually come along and pay the $105 they're now demanding for 6GB.

The term for that is called COLLUSION. You know the members of Robellus sat down and decided not to offer the deal, But of course officially that never happened.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by elwoodblues:

said by yyzlhr:

The term for that is called COLLUSION. You know the members of Robellus sat down and decided not to offer the deal, But of course officially that never happened.

Just because they're all at the same restaurant for lunch does not mean they had lunch together......