All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

[Phone] Where to purchase a Brighthouse approved DOCSIS 3.0/MTA modem.

I would like to purchase a Brighthouse approved DOCSIS 3.0/MTA Modem able to bond 8 channels Down and 4 channels Up for use in Central, Florida. I want to avoid a Modem with built in Wi-Fi since it requires the ISP to put a Wi-Fi equipped modem in the bridged mode. Would anyone reading this thread have a suggestion where to purchase a retail MTA modem?
billd104
join:2009-01-30
Oldsmar, FL

billd104

Why not just get one from BHN? The modem charge @ $2.95/mo. would take a long time to break even with the cost of having your own.
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

said by billd104:

Why not just get one from BHN? The modem charge @ $2.95/mo. Per billd104: After a year ago increasing prices for rental of a modem from $2.00 to $3.50, I noticed on my bill this month they'll be increasing prices again from $3.50 to $4.00.

I purchased my first modem in 2002. Adelphia initially charged $5.00 per month then quickly raised the fee to $7.00 per month. I saved over $800.00 since 2002, even though I bought two modems over the past 12 years.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to Mr Matt

Premium Member

to Mr Matt
In other threads it has been suggested to get a standalone D3 modem (like the Motorola SB6141) and a cheap D2 MTA to handle the phone duties.

Every D3 MTA on this list is actually a gateway (modem/router/MTA):

»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· ce-9109/
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Mr Matt

Premium Member

to Mr Matt
Thats a perfectly workable solution....and cost effective if you do the numbers.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU to John97

Premium Member

to John97
Thanks. Don't see any MTA for sale on Amazon. Where do you get one and what is a recommended brand/model?

KerryRichard
@bhn.net

KerryRichard to billd104

Anon

to billd104
said by billd104:

Why not just get one from BHN? The modem charge @ $2.95/mo. would take a long time to break even with the cost of having your own.

It's up to $4 and I'm sure will rise again.
Get your own modem now and start saving now.
marrr
join:2001-01-02
Bradenton, FL

marrr to RUQRU

to RUQRU
said by RUQRU:

Thanks. Don't see any MTA for sale on Amazon. Where do you get one and what is a recommended brand/model?

»www.amazon.com/gp/offer- ··· tion=new