uniqs
share rss forum feed

LittleBill

join:2013-05-24
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to towerdave

Re: Detained by law enforcement

i guess you have never the term, " We can do this the easy way, or the hard way"

you simply chose the hard way. you are completely in your right,

that being said, it was not the smart move. giving your id would have ended the situation in minutes. instead you forced them to use some idiotic law to force you to submit

you were right but did you ultimately win. i would say no

that being said. in my area when younger if you passed a cop after 2 am in the morning you got pulled over, didn't matter it just happened.

after a while it does get old. generally within the first 3 minutes i would ask for a breathalyzer test, since all they wanted was an underage charge. generally after that it was over in 3 minutes and on my way instead of the 25 minutes conversation where they would ask 45 times in a row if i was drinking

its never smart to argue with cops. there are about a billion things they can find to charge you with if they choose too..

Gaff
Just like the gypsy woman said

join:1999-09-05
North TX, US
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

3 recommendations

I certainly appreciate your input, but this was not 2am, nor was I driving. I was simply walking down a street, listening to a podcast, with my hands in my pockets. My wallet and my phone were literally the only two articles in my possession.

If you can't walk down a street these days without being detained by a law enforcement officer, whilst having committed no crime whatsoever, things have taken a very bad turn for the worse.
--
My PC Gaming Blog
»www.unbooted.com

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium
join:2003-01-29
Erie, PA

6 recommendations

reply to LittleBill

So the moral of the story is we should allow LEOs to violate our rights because it's more convenient, or out of fear that they may bully us even more

To me that sounds exactly why we need to stand up for our rights and not back down. LittleBill See Profile, I am guessing that you are not part of a demographic that regularly receives undue harassment from LEOs
--
Out the 10BaseT, through the modem, down the co-ax, over the fiber, across the backhaul, past the edge router, off the network...nothing but net

LittleBill

said by DannyZ:

So the moral of the story is we should allow LEOs to violate our rights because it's more convenient, or out of fear that they may bully us even more

To me that sounds exactly why we need to stand up for our rights and not back down. LittleBill See Profile, I am guessing that you are not part of a demographic that regularly receives undue harassment from LEOs

am i a white male? yes i am. i have been stopped by police over 35+ times in my life at this point, which is prolly well above the average.

and i am not stupid enough to fight with police, do you honestly think your going to win? i was training to be a state police officer. i am well aware of why they do what they do.

that being said, you by yourself against a police officers word will never win.

you can accept reality and not get harressed for 2 hours.

or you can stand your ground and lose 2 hours, which will only affect you

i personally would rather have the 2 hours back

and yes attack me all you want profiling works. im a strong believer in it. is it 100% no it isn't neither is anything else.

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium
join:2003-01-29
Erie, PA

2 recommendations

Your reality is not the same reality faced by millions of Americans.

Perhaps your convenience is more important than your rights, I happen to feel otherwise. Many have given their lives to protect our rights and I happen to think that they are worth just a little bit more than a couple hours of my time.
--
Out the 10BaseT, through the modem, down the co-ax, over the fiber, across the backhaul, past the edge router, off the network...nothing but net

LittleBill

said by DannyZ:

Your reality is not the same reality faced by millions of Americans.

Perhaps your convenience is more important than your rights, I happen to feel otherwise. Many have given their lives to protect our rights and I happen to think that they are worth just a little bit more than a couple hours of my time.

No. sadly i do live in reality.

i know for a fact standing your ground with literally the lowest person on the totem pole is pointless. you are changing nothing, your not changing the system, your not changing anything for anybody.

even if he agree's with you, nothing changes. No i am not a believer in one person changes the world, why because unless your willing to put the hours in and push it all the way to the top, its pointless, most people won't push it, thus pointless

i'll end my comments since we will never agree. its fine

billydunwood

join:2008-04-23
united state
kudos:2
reply to LittleBill

said by LittleBill:

its never smart to argue with cops. there are about a billion things they can find to charge you with if they choose too..

And Resisting Arrest/obstruction of justice aka Contempt of Cop is one of them that they seem to love using. As in a lot of cases, they would have just dropped the charge when he showed up at the Preliminary Hearing.
--
No Victim=No Crime