All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
ComcastTech
join:2008-05-31

ComcastTech to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

not necessarily to the comment about no longer installing the green power light ones. but based off of the past couple weeks, we may only be installing the ARRIS ones (blue power).

Cctech
@verizon.net

Cctech

Anon

Both the arris and pace have blue lights, it's the x2 that changes the light color.
I've installed both and the both have same light.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by Cctech :

Both the arris and pace have blue lights, it's the x2 that changes the light color.
I've installed both and the both have same light.

Mine is green with X1-X2, that is normal?

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to Cctech

Premium Member

to Cctech
Well all 3 of my pace boxes have X2 and the power light is still green.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Cctech

MVM

to Cctech
said by Cctech :

... it's the x2 that changes the light color.

What? I've never heard of a SW/FW release that changed the color of the power indicator.

AFAIK, the power switch just uses a monochromatic LED that's not capable of outputting different colors.

Maybe for the latest set of XG1 boxes, Pace started sourcing their power buttons from the same vendor that ARRIS uses, and those units are now pre-loaded with the "X2" version of the guide? That would make more sense to me.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

how can I download x2? I just got Comcast installed and yes I still have directv but downgraded to the basic package there. I tried upgrade and it told me " the set top box was unable to request and updated version."

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by mikedz4:

how can I download x2? I tried upgrade and it told me " the set top box was unable to request and updated version."

I would have thought that the "X2" update had been pushed to all X1 boxes by now.
said by mikedz4:

I just got Comcast [re]installed and yes I still have directv but downgraded to the basic package there.

OK, that's the problem, then. Your recent, brief defection to DirecTV must have angered the X1 Platform spirits!
telcodad

telcodad to mikedz4

MVM

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

how can I download x2?

OK, to upgrade to the "X2" guide, in the X1 main menu, try going to Settings > Preferences > Guide Version. There should be a choice to select the "new" guide.

See: »X2 Update

Note that "once you have upgraded to the new guide on the X1 Platform, you will not be able to return to the current X1 guide."

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

Guide version new
Release version. Xappl.xre.37p7
Server 1.37.07 01/29/2014 15:00
Xre protocol 2.8.0
Remote battery level unknown

Cctech
@verizon.net

Cctech to telcodad

Anon

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

said by Cctech :

... it's the x2 that changes the light color.

What? I've never heard of a SW/FW release that changed the color of the power indicator.

AFAIK, the power switch just uses a monochromatic LED that's not capable of outputting different colors.

Maybe for the latest set of XG1 boxes, Pace started sourcing their power buttons from the same vendor that ARRIS uses, and those units are now pre-loaded with the "X2" version of the guide? That would make more sense to me.

Ah I see. This may be it then, I'll check tomorrow. But last time I put in the old x1 DVR it had a blue light and it wasn't the arris DVR.

Everything installed now comes with the x2 guide in my area but some people still can't fully update to the new guide
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

4 edits

SpHeRe31459 to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

Maybe for the latest set of XG1 boxes, Pace started sourcing their power buttons from the same vendor that ARRIS uses,

Probably not the exact same LED vendor, tons of manufacturers make blue LEDs, but the color of the power LED was made uniform per revised manufacturing agreement with Comcast.

Remember Comcast considers these all the same class device, so they are supposed to be interchangeable. Someone posted a link last May to the Comcast customer forums where they said they were unifying on blue for the power ring. Green LEDs were in some (unspecified number of) shipments of the Pace XG1 hardware before Comcast realized that they needed to stipulate a specific color for their vendors. So I'd guess that all the backstock of green LED Pace XG1 have now been deployed and the newer shipments from Pace come with blue LEDs, so were now seeing them.

EDIT - Found link: »forums.comcast.com/t5/X1 ··· 77#M1099
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

Speaking of electronics using blue LEDs. Some recent research is indicating that blue LEDs interfere with sleeping patterns more than other wavelengths.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to SpHeRe31459

MVM

to SpHeRe31459
said by SpHeRe31459:

said by telcodad:

Maybe for the latest set of XG1 boxes, Pace started sourcing their power buttons from the same vendor that ARRIS uses,

... Someone posted a link last May to the Comcast customer forums where they said they were unifying on blue for the power ring. Green LEDs were in some (unspecified number of) shipments of the Pace XG1 hardware before Comcast realized that they needed to stipulate a specific color for their vendors. So I'd guess that all the backstock of green LED Pace XG1 have now been deployed and the newer shipments from Pace come with blue LEDs, so were now seeing them.

EDIT - Found link: »forums.comcast.com/t5/X1 ··· 77#M1099

Nice find/recall SpHeRe31459 See Profile! That explains this now.

I wonder if Pace may have made some other component changes/upgrades in their newer, blue-power-ring-equipped XG1s then, and fixed some of the initial problems with their units, like those audio dropouts?

If so, you know this is going to result in some interesting phone/chat sessions between DSLR forum readers and Comcast CSRs now:
Comcast CSR: Okay sir, your order for an X1 system is now complete. The installation is scheduled for next Friday between 2 and 4 PM. Is there anything else I can help you with?

New X1 Subscriber: That's great, thanks! Yes, can you make sure the installer brings an ARRIS XG1 box instead of a Pace one? Or if he doesn't have any ARRIS ones, to have him give me a Pace one that has a blue power indicator and not a green one?

Comcast CSR: Huh???