spc
uniqs
GoRaptors
join:2011-07-22
London, ON

GoRaptors to resa1983

to resa1983

Re: Voltage vs Teksavvy decision

I think this sucks? Kind of over my head so. Thanks for the 411 resa!
Keep up the great work! Cheers! :P! ! !

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by GoRaptors:

I think this sucks? Kind of over my head so. Thanks for the 411 resa!
Keep up the great work! Cheers! :P! ! !

LIke CPICIC said, everyone knew they would get the names. We hoped that it would get thrown out of court, but in some ways, I think this order is better than the outcome everyone had hoped for.

It leaves the door open for legitimate claims from legitimate people, safeguards the names and identities of the people that are being accuses. The ISP gets paid upfront and in full. The claimant has to pay any and all costs. Any correspondance from Vulture, um I mean Voltage, gets scrutinized by the court prior to it being sent to an accused.

All of these things will make it an unwanted venture for many of these hack company like Vulture, um I mean Voltage to leverage their typical kind of lawsuit. I think it is a very favorable decision.

Now--every Teksavvy sub needs to request that Voltage provide them with a full copy of the order and make them pay out the nose before they even get started. I don't know what it costs for a copy of the order, but even if it's $50, that will amount to a decent size bill for Voltage if every sub of Teksavvy requests it.

I would be extremely surprised if anyone gets a letter.
Ackis
join:2001-08-16
Edmonton, AB

Ackis

How can we request a copy?